2020.01 Feedback

Morten Saether

On 2/6/2020 at 5:52 PM, Blades said:

I went to try the new option of hiding the Aim Assist time in the bar at the top - I like it as an option like this and can see toggling it on and off according to the time in question.

That said, I am still having issues with Aim Assist in general where it will work fine and then just stop working all together.  This has been an issue over several versions for me and I've seen it posted by others.  It will work and then I will notice at some point that there just is no aim assist cursor or that it is just jammed up against the far left side.  All I have to do is close Cakewalk and come back in and it starts working again.

I, too, found new possibilities with the option of turning the text box off and on. I thought I would want it either on or off, but as it turns out, I leave it off when I'm zoomed out, then switch it back on when I'm zoomed in for surgical work. Now I use it as the handy tool I think it's always been for most people.

The Aim Assist line has been intermittently sticking and disappearing on my system as well. This is not due to the Alt-X feature, as it predates it. I haven't reported it due to not being able to reproduce the conditions that make it happen.

Greetings. Something very strange has happened to me (in cakewalk 2020.01). Without having changed anything, without having touched anything, cakewalk has stopped recognizing several 32-bit plugins that I have installed and I have been using without any problems until today, among them pro53 of Native instuments, and " vanguard of Refx. I have tried several solutions, including resetting the vst, rescanning, rescanning the failed ones, but none of this has worked. Cakewalk has stopped recognizing the 32bits plugins. I have tested with other software and recognizes these plugins without problems.

I can confirm is a bug in last release.

2019.12. build 26 works perfect.(i've reinstalled)

This a problem in 2020.01 only.

I hope the bandlab cakewalk team fix it!

Thanks!

On 1/30/2020 at 3:17 PM, craigr68 said:

I ran the CWAF tool from the command line "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\cwaftool.exe".  

This CWAFtool error is back:  

"The following files were either unreadable by CWAF, or written by a newer version of SONAR than CWAF expects."

I had to manually fix it by editing CWAFtool.ini, changing this line

SupportedProjectVersion=25.13.0.xxx

To

SupportedProjectVersion=26.01.0.xxx

Same thing happens if run from within CBB.

Hi,

I am unable to find the CWAFtool.ini file in my "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\" directory (but this is the directory where I have the cwaftool.exe file...).

Where this file should be located?

Thank you.

Giorgio

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the new Multi-timbral soft synth enhancements feature:

once the tracks are created (let's say 4 tracks if using the TTS-1) using this method how can I decide which track are associated to a particular output of the synth?

I mean: the 4 tracks are correctly created, OK, but where can I select which output synth is working with a particular track if I need to change something?

(using the "old" audio track way there is the INPUT dropdown menu that allows to decide which synth output the track will listen to...).

Thanks,

bye,

Giorgio

The MIDI output drop down is exposed in the MIDI tab of an instrument track inspector just below "I" in the image below

Inspectors.3.4.png

But that is only half the job. To change a synth in an instrument track also requires changing the audio input. This requires splitting the instrument track to gain access to the underlying  audio track input drop down.

Or use "Replace Synth" in the track header context menu.

1 hour ago, Giorgio Gabriel said:

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the new Multi-timbral soft synth enhancements feature:

once the tracks are created (let's say 4 tracks if using the TTS-1) using this method how can I decide which track are associated to a particular output of the synth?

I mean: the 4 tracks are correctly created, OK, but where can I select which output synth is working with a particular track if I need to change something?

(using the "old" audio track way there is the INPUT dropdown menu that allows to decide which synth output the track will listen to...).

Thanks,

bye,

Giorgio

@Giorgio Gabriel - In addition to what @scook has said, for any multi-timbral synth, you also need to route the correct MIDI channel within the synth to the relevant audio output. This is done within the plugin itself, and each plugin does it differently.

For example, in TTS-1:

TTS1_separate_outs.gif

In Omnisphere:

omnisphere_multi_outs.gif

Hi,

I am unable to find the CWAFtool.ini file in my "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\" directory (but this is the directory where I have the cwaftool.exe file...).

Where this file should be located?

Thank you.

Giorgio

On my computer CWAFtool.ini is located in folder:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\CWAF

If you want to change the synth assigned in an instrument track use either the "Replace Synth" function in the Track header context menu or split the instrument track to gain access to the audio input. Avoid using the "Replace Synth" function in the synth rack menu unless you want to change all the instrument tracks associated with the synth.

Just got around to installing the latest release. The first thing I noticed is that the keyboard commands for Go to next marker (Ctrl+Shift+Page Down) and Go to previous marker (Ctrl+Shift+Page Up) aren't working. Has anyone else seen this? I use those shortcuts all the time, or at least I did. . . .

26 minutes ago, henkejs said:

The first thing I noticed is that the keyboard commands for Go to next marker (Ctrl+Shift+Page Down) and Go to previous marker (Ctrl+Shift+Page Up) aren't working.

I have altered shortcuts for this on my main DAW, but I just tried with the default keybindings on my laptop, and they are working here.

2 hours ago, David Baay said:

I have altered shortcuts for this on my main DAW, but I just tried with the default keybindings on my laptop, and they are working here.

Thanks for checking and for reminding me I could bind these functions to some other key combinations. I created alternate key bindings and they work fine, but I wonder why the defaults are broken for me.

On 2/9/2020 at 5:01 AM, FJ Lamela said:

Greetings. Something very strange has happened to me (in cakewalk 2020.01). Without having changed anything, without having touched anything, cakewalk has stopped recognizing several 32-bit plugins that I have installed and I have been using without any problems until today, among them pro53 of Native instuments, and " vanguard of Refx. I have tried several solutions, including resetting the vst, rescanning, rescanning the failed ones, but none of this has worked. Cakewalk has stopped recognizing the 32bits plugins. I have tested with other software and recognizes these plugins without problems.

I can confirm is a bug in last release.

2019.12. build 26 works perfect.(i've reinstalled)

This a problem in 2020.01 only.

I hope the bandlab cakewalk team fix it!

Thanks!

I posted an update for this issue here.

• Thanks 2

On 2/11/2020 at 12:34 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

I posted an update for this issue here.

I really appreciate this fix.   I had a "vst32" directory and spent hours trying to figure out why it was no longer being scanned.   The only workaround that was successful was to create a junction to it (which luckily did not have "vst3" in the name) and add the junction to the vst directory scan list.   I completely forgot to post that the workaround fixed the problem.  My apologies for that!