2020.01 Feedback

Morten Saether

Not sure if it is new to 2020.01 as I am just getting back after several years.  Looping a section of the song creates a pop at the end of the loop.  And it will ultimately cause a different pop indicating that Bandlab has disconnected from sound card.  I see meters move, but no sound.  It requires reboot.

Hello.
I have a problem with the Repeater v.1.1.6 plugin. I have a version of the plugin from Slate Digital (maybe it does not differ from the original plugin from D16).
After loading this plug-in (or several plug-ins) after about 10 minutes, all parameters on the plug-in interface are frozen and cannot be changed. This happens in all Repeater plugins in the project. After rebooting Sonar and loading the project again, everything is fine, but after a short time the plug-in parameters freeze again.
In other DAWs, this is not a problem.
Has anyone had the same problem in Sonar?
I have Windows 10, Sonar version 2020.01.

P.S.
I turned to the technical support D16. I was advised to clarify the plugin version (click the Options button while holding Ctrl key) and found that I have version 1.1.5!, although I installed version 1.1.6 on top of this version.
Now I uninstalled version 1.1.5, installed version 1.1.6 - everything works fine.

Edited by Maxim Vasilyev
Please delete this post.

Can anyone explain why cakewalk is still free.  I was just exploring other DAWS, and only a few has the full function as cakewalk.  What Pro-tool, fruity loop etc. offers for free is not enough for me to settle with them at this stage of the game for me.  I need a full loaded DAW as cakewalk to do a hold song/album.  If I was to invest in another DAW, and expect the same amount of functionality as Cakewalk, I would have to spend at least $600 dollar.  The only thing that I would improve, which is minute, is the sound quality via the pro-channel, for its module.  I only use third party plugins, anyway.  I just need a DAW to edit, mix, master etc., which cakewalk does.  

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I think this post belongs here. Apologies if I misunderstood.

Regarding the menu:
The "Project" menu item has 9 items under its menu, 5 of which start with "Insert". Wouldn't it be more intuitive to put those items under the "Insert" main menu item so it doesn't take newbies like myself a half hour to find something that should be easy to find? *Thinking to myself, "I want to INSERT some extra bars into my project; why isn't it under the INSERT menu item??"*

Also, since Aim Assist is something that you VIEW, WTH is it doing under the Edit menu?????

Sure, a newbie will eventually learn all these things, eventually. But until then, if they have to struggle to get going, it can leave one with a bad taste and if they are not patient, they will just move on to another DAW.