2020.01 Feedback

Morten Saether

• 2 weeks later...

[BUG] - freezing track with nill midi input closes sonar with no popups or error windows

I've opened a synth window to try minimize CPU overload -> the only way is to freeze track,
there's no other button to turn it off for sometime or anything

some of my synths was just standing in place to try it and there was no any midi track on them (while sometimes you just can have it on other midi tracks with routing set to that synth), so when i press freeze button it seems like tries to check it and then program goes off.

In my environment, ThreadSchedulingModel 3 introduces a very large delay.
As a result, I couldn't play the song normally and turned it back.

the track name of Automation is not saved. Is it the conventional specification?

*This is a Google translation.

• Like 1

hi

There are some (old) bugs in the Step Sequencer. When you change Steps or Beats while "fit to quarters" is active the event bars are not displayed properly and you can not edit them.

image.png.bb4b7ed4db90efeaeec9eea48035521d.png

In some case CW crashes.

image.png.20cec4289c0fa3cfa4d589b233cb16b6.png

I'm a Step Sequencer enthusiast and I like this one. But please fix that!

Thanks.

FWIW, I'm now occasionally getting a BSOD (BAD_POOL_CALLER) when changing audio driver settings in CbB 2020.01 build 28.

Using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (version 1) with the latest driver (4.63.24).

If I go to Driver Settings and change the Buffer Size slider (I typically use 256 for tracking, 512 when mixing -- 44.1/24), I can hit Apply and the dialog box will go away and come back with the updated latency values displayed. But after that I hit OK, and then the BSOD happens.

Not every time, or even most times, but I've had it happen 3 times in the last week.

Not pushing the system especially hard. 20-30 tracks including SessionDrummer and a few Arturia and other synths (most of which are frozen), some iZotope Nectar 2 on the vox,  ProChannel comp and eq on most tracks.

7 hours ago, John Bradley said:

FWIW, I'm now occasionally getting a BSOD (BAD_POOL_CALLER) when changing audio driver settings in CbB 2020.01 build 28.

Using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (version 1) with the latest driver (4.63.24).

If I go to Driver Settings and change the Buffer Size slider (I typically use 256 for tracking, 512 when mixing -- 44.1/24), I can hit Apply and the dialog box will go away and come back with the updated latency values displayed. But after that I hit OK, and then the BSOD happens.

Not every time, or even most times, but I've had it happen 3 times in the last week.

Not pushing the system especially hard. 20-30 tracks including SessionDrummer and a few Arturia and other synths (most of which are frozen), some iZotope Nectar 2 on the vox,  ProChannel comp and eq on most tracks.

FWIW The BSOD issue was fixed by Focusrite in v4.64.15 - I've got 1st gen 2i2,  6i6 & 18i20 and it's been stable on each one with the 4.64.15 driver.

[Edit] - I see they STILL haven't officially released these... anyhow, you can download them from their beta site:

http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/focusrite_usb2_drivers/

This is certainly a bug. Not sure if it is release specific, but I don't think it was happening before, so I'm re-posting here:

I am finding that Ripple Edit is disengaging mysteriously even while it's indicator (in the upper right of the Track view) shows it to be on. Simply toggling it off then on again will re-engage it.

With consistency it will be mysteriously "off" 'tho showing to be "on" right when opening a project saved with it "On".

And otherwise randomly, after being in regular use of the Ripple Edit functions with it in the on state, and having done some other types of edits, changing views, etc., and then executing an edit that should cause the Ripple functions, it no longer functions. Although still showing to be on, I need to toggle it off then on again to get it to work.

More details with video examples here -

3 hours ago, winkpain said:

This is certainly a bug. Not sure if it is release specific, but I don't think it was happening before, so I'm re-posting here:

I am finding that Ripple Edit is disengaging mysteriously even while it's indicator (in the upper right of the Track view) shows it to be on. Simply toggling it off then on again will re-engage it.

With consistency it will be mysteriously "off" 'tho showing to be "on" right when opening a project saved with it "On".

And otherwise randomly, after being in regular use of the Ripple Edit functions with it in the on state, and having done some other types of edits, changing views, etc., and then executing an edit that should cause the Ripple functions, it no longer functions. Although still showing to be on, I need to toggle it off then on again to get it to work.

More details with video examples here -

@winkpain - there are certain operations that temporarily set the ripple edit mode, and restore it afterwards. It sounds like there's a bug somewhere which is skipping the restoration of the ripple edit mode.

When this next happens, can you send us screenshot of your edit history (select Edit -> History from the menu) so we can narrow down where this may have occurred?

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

@winkpain - there are certain operations that temporarily set the ripple edit mode, and restore it afterwards. It sounds like there's a bug somewhere which is skipping the restoration of the ripple edit mode.

When this next happens, can you send us screenshot of your edit history (select Edit -> History from the menu) so we can narrow down where this may have occurred?

I will do.

Meanwhile, a most consistent aspect of the problem occurs with no Edit history in that:

"With consistency it will be mysteriously "off"  'tho showing to be "on" right when opening a project saved with it "On".

In other words, a project saved with Ripple Edit in the on state and opened with it in the on state will nevertheless behave as if Ripple Edit is off right from the start. Toggling Ripple off then on again will get it working in this situation.

9 hours ago, winkpain said:

I will do.

Meanwhile, a most consistent aspect of the problem occurs with no Edit history in that:

"With consistency it will be mysteriously "off"  'tho showing to be "on" right when opening a project saved with it "On".

In other words, a project saved with Ripple Edit in the on state and opened with it in the on state will nevertheless behave as if Ripple Edit is off right from the start. Toggling Ripple off then on again will get it working in this situation.

Are you using a workspace?