2020.01 Feedback

Morten Saether

On 2/7/2020 at 10:50 PM, Mario Branchi said:

I have the same annoying issue with the aim assist cursor jammed up against the left side. Restarting CbB solves the problem, but it happens every time I use CbB, I can't understand what triggers the bug

i have this issue for quite a while now and its pretty annoying, still cant figure out why it gets stuck!

For  midi devices i'd like to have "detect device" button in Pref/MIDI/Devices, because it wasn't detecting just in previous update and the only option was to restart  sonar.
The other issue is about adding new midi track, when i press on instrument track i want a new midi track being binded to this instrument or to instrument placed in folder, because usually it is in folders. now it's just binds to a first instrument of project and have to switch it always.
Also if i click on a clip to edit notes and piano-roll window is detached and minimized -> then it should raise, but it's not, while it is on the other screen of monitor2 and just sits in the bottom of screen popped by other windows.

And the must have function - activate "presentation mode" to stop W10 to enable screensaver if the window is active and there is input from midi device or just record || play is enabled. it just suddenly stops sound now and starts screensaver work.

1 mo With new threadModel=3 was trying to play midi (ASIO = 7ms) with addict keys - piano (+ about 5 instr), sound goes with much higher latency about 30-50, unable to play -> going back to model 2 - all fine. 

Edited by OeAi

I just applied Build 26.01.0.28 hotfix using Bandlab Assistant and it all went smoothly and BA worked correctly.

The Instrument Track Per Output now correctly inserts tracks in a folder if Create Folder is selected.

I appreciate the other stability and bug fixes.

Thanks Bakers!

• Like 1

Got a minor niggle with with the new ALT+X to toggle Aim Assist labels on and off. The setting defaults to off and doesn't persist, either globally or within projects.

I do a lot of editing work, and mostly want it on all the time. Would be really nice if it could persist at least within a project. At the moment, having it on, but saving, closing and reloading the project (not even the whole application) will switch it off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John T said:

Got a minor niggle with with the new ALT+X to toggle Aim Assist labels on and off. The setting defaults to off and doesn't persist, either globally or within projects.

I do a lot of editing work, and mostly want it on all the time. Would be really nice if it could persist at least within a project. At the moment, having it on, but saving, closing and reloading the project (not even the whole application) will switch it off.

I don't use this feature, so I haven't tested it.  Just wondering if you use custom Workspaces? An easy test (if you want to try) would be to take your current Workspace and save it with Aim Assist labels onMy personal convention is to give Workspaces new/variant names. I will see if I can test it now.  **See Updates!

**Update: Hmmm. I am not sure.  If Aim Assist is what gives me a floating/hovering current time box on the time line, I turned it on, didn't save my Workpace, and then switched existing Workspaces.  In each different one, even with newly opened projects, I had the little floating/hovering  time box that followed the current cursor. 

I will defer to others who make use of the Aim Assist. Sorry; I thought Workspaces might help.  They might, but for me, if the time box is Aim Assist, it seems to persist without doing anything special with Workspaces.  All I did was turn it on and it seemed to follow me though projects.

UPDATE: For me, the little time box persisted when I had a Cakewalk session open and (a) switched Workspaces and/or (b) closed and opened different projects.  However, it was gone when I opened a new Cakewalk session.

More importantly (at least to me), when I tried to save the little-time-box-on state in a Workspace, either the state was not saved or it was not restored.  

I hope this additional feedback is useful.

Edited by User 905133
to add and additional update; to add an update and to remove a possible suggestion to try

1 hour ago, Tony 7 said:

Getting consistent crashs with Bandlab Cakewalks latest version and update.

Crashing with Rapture and or Dimension Pro in Windows 10.....Managed to uninstall this version

and re-install version 25.0.7 and all is well again.

w10 Bndlb errors Rapt Dimensn 1.jpg

How did you go back to the previous version? I just applied the new update today & I'm getting pops & clicks from the buffer settings I've always used. I noticed my previous roundtrip latency was 4.8ms & after the update it's 4.1ms.

Re: Reload old version of Bandlab.

All the Bandlab/Cakewalk files will be downloaded to a directory on your hard drive before

you accept to install them. You can monitor this download folder and before you are ready to install them,

You can copy and paste all the files to another directory for backup.

The folder you need to monitor/Refresh  is located in................   

C:\Users\[YOU USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\bandlab-assistant\Downloads

So over time I`ve backed up a couple of older  "Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Setup_ files" Just in case.

Bandlab should have 1 or 2 older versions made available to us for this reason, Though unfortunately I don`t think they do this.

So basically I just uninstalled the recent version of bandlab-cakewalk and then re:installed the older version to the same original directory on my harddrive,

And then activated the old version online.

Next is a problem regarding VST loading.

When opening projects that functioned normally previously, I will variously get plugin loading errors before the project loads, such as:

Capture3.GIF.6eb6ee9e233916e382e6128b97644160.GIF

in which case the mentioned plugins, despite being present and perfectly functional when loading new instances, or when loading other projects saved with the same plugins, they do not load.

And when replacing the "Missing" plugins with new instances of themselves, this does not restore the saved "plug-in state" mentioned in the above notice. Where is this saved state and can it be manually restored to the same plugin? In some cases this will occur for every instance of every plugin used in a project.

In other similar cases I get the following after the project successfully loads :

Capture2.GIF.4f4d1d58ffccb1e785b059d2100c268a.GIF

in which case I simply click OK and the plugin in mentioned loads and functions successfully with its saved state. Saving the project anew will not make this "error" disappear when next opening the project. But a simple click of OK makes everything fine every time. Still tho. Rather strange!

On 2/15/2020 at 11:15 PM, Tony 7 said:

Re: Reload old version of Bandlab.

All the Bandlab/Cakewalk files will be downloaded to a directory on your hard drive before

you accept to install them. You can monitor this download folder and before you are ready to install them,

You can copy and paste all the files to another directory for backup.

The folder you need to monitor/Refresh  is located in................   

C:\Users\[YOU USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\bandlab-assistant\Downloads

So over time I`ve backed up a couple of older  "Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Setup_ files" Just in case.

Bandlab should have 1 or 2 older versions made available to us for this reason, Though unfortunately I don`t think they do this.

So basically I just uninstalled the recent version of bandlab-cakewalk and then re:installed the older version to the same original directory on my harddrive,

And then activated the old version online.

I wish I would have known that before I upgraded. I've raised my buffer size & I'm still getting cracks & pops. I can't use nearly as many plugins at once now. Ugh...

1 hour ago, winkpain said:

More GUI weirdness

Similar to my above mentioned Saturation module issue, I've now found these two ProChannel console compressor modules to display oddly:

Oddness.GIF.36cbe40f6879d768cdeb1559f14a4638.GIF

What gives??

What's weird is that I also have Sonar Platinum installed, and I don't even see any of those PC modules available, in either Platinum or CbB...

Edited by abacab

1 hour ago, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

Has anyone tried running this on Windows 7? What's the verdict on that?

I've been running on Win7, working daily on a big project, with only the issues I have mentioned above, and I'm not sure those are necessarily related to this 2020.1 version. Otherwise, it's been totally fine.