Midi from Guitar pro 7.5 does not work properly!

cadu

I just Bought Guitar Pro 7.5 yesterday to use it with Cakewalk by Bandlab, and I had export some drumkit midi files to import in Cakewalk by Bandlab, and it doesn’t work properly. It is impossible to play midi files from guitar pro 7.5 in cakewalk by Bandlab.

I have tested a drumkit midi files from Guitar pro 6 and it is working in cakewalk by Bandlab.

What Should I do?

Anyone can help me?

New member!

Thanks!

IIIRC Guitar Pro adds a lot of optional data to its MIDI exports. Check the program's export options.

Also, if you are using SI Drums, some of this extra data may shut down the synth. Once this synth reads the extra data, it will no longer make a sound until the project is restarted. Here are a couple ways to handle this in CbB:

• Remove the unneeded data using the Event List View. Usually removing everything before the first note is sufficient.
  • Enable Do not intercept NRPNs in the plug-in properties. Here is an image showing SI Bass but it is the same for SI Drums.

3Oa2ztH.png

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, cadu said:

it doesn’t work properly

You might need to be specific on what doesn't work properly.  Guitar Pro 7.5 has decent MIDI export (in earlier versions the MIDI export were pretty bad for guitar parts), but you will always have to deal with conversion issues (as well as filtering out any of the crazy MIDI control messages as @scook points out).  What it thinks is a kick drum or a snare (the note number) and what the software (or hardware) synth you are trying to use that file on can be vastly different.  I don't think Guitar Pro uses "perfect" GM MIDI drum mappings.  And even if it did, your synth might not.

Thanks, Scook and Matthew Sorrels for your reply.

1 – I did what Scook said in his post and worked for the bass, and about the Event List view, it is not in my CbB, not in the menu Views and the command alt + 8 does not work.

2 – After try something to fix as well and keep trying I thought about reinstall and why I didn’t do it in the first place, so I did the reinstall and everting start to work, I really appreciate the help! After the reinstall all Scook said was fixed and working.

Thanks a lot for your Help!