How to Record a Song from Beginning to End in Cakewalk (Video Series)

Creative Sauce

This series is full of excellent advice already and there many episodes to come! Thanks for your generosity Mike.

I especially like that you are doing a song that is more inline with what I do. It is refreshing to see a tutorial that is not Edm, Dance, Hiphop, etc. All genres are equally valid, but each genre has its on way of doing things. With the song you are doing I am learning crafts that relate directly to what I want to record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Andrew Ball said:

I've watched all these now, they really are very good indeed, I love the guitar layering, that's a great effect (note to self, learn how to do reverb sends) and overall I've learned a lot already. Highly recommended.

Andy

Thanks Andy! There is some stuff on reverb sends coming in the series :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another very good vid (and the more detailed one on the same topic). However, I can't get that FreeG plugin to work the way you do - for some odd reason the RMS and peak meters don't reset when I click them, they just spin to some random value.

I strongly suspect it's a 'Layer 8' problem so will take a bit of perseverance and trial and error on my part.

Andy

Edited by AndyB01
Typo

19 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Another very good vid (and the more detailed one on the same topic). However, I can't get that FreeG plugin to work the way you do - for some odd reason the RMS and peak meters don't reset when I click them, they just spin to some random value.

I strongly suspect it's a 'Layer 8' problem so will take a bit of perseverance and trial and error on my part.

Andy

Hey Andy - try clicking on the numbers rather than the meters, see if that work :)