Jump to content
e-cue

Tele knockoff guitar with gig bag ̶$̶8̶0̶ Now back to $99

Recommended Posts


Indio by Monoprice Retro Classic Electric Guitar with Gig Bag
Was $80, now back to $99.

Blonde

image.thumb.png.b18e703218216a1db22996054e884cd4.png

Blue

image.thumb.png.6a4d4cb57d13d950a96d5b2cc160a991.png

Edited by e-cue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not in the market for this, and normally I'd say "you get what you pay for (if you're lucky)".  However, I've seen some good reviews of this brand, not only teles, but also 335's.

This isn't an endorsement. I suppose the most you lose is the $80.

jdf

 

Edited by jerrydf
335 for 355
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, simon said:

that headstock sure is ugly though 😱

The "Tele" headstock has ALWAYS been ugly IMO....

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, cclarry said:

The "Tele" headstock has ALWAYS been ugly IMO....

blasphemy !! 

:)

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cclarry said:

The "Tele" headstock has ALWAYS been ugly IMO....

1 hour ago, simon said:

blasphemy !! 

:)

lol 

+1 to both.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son's custom guitar.

frankenguitar.jpg

jasonkocol_customguitar.gif

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up a Monoprice 'Retro Vision Solid Body Electric Guitar - Blonde' on sale for $105.99 (came to $121.45 with tax & shipping)  in 2015.
Back then it was a straight tele knockoff with the Monoprice 'M' on the headstock.
It came with the intonation set, decent fret job, etc.. Back then Monoprice use to claim they had a guitar luthier on staff to oversee production & setup.  I wanted to add a tele to my collection and had a low budget. It turned out to be a decent guitar. No regrets.

No idea how the old line compares with the Indio line - except for the headstock and new logo on the gig bag (mine has no logo whatever) and that for the solid Ash version they want over $200  https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=610291 (think mine is Basswood but don't remember for sure).

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheSteven said:

I picked up a Monoprice 'Retro Vision Solid Body Electric Guitar - Blonde' on sale for $105.99 (came to $121.45 with tax & shipping)  in 2015.
Back then it was a straight tele knockoff with the Monoprice 'M' on the headstock.
It came with the intonation set, decent fret job, etc.. Back then Monoprice use to claim they had a guitar luthier on staff to oversee production & setup.  I wanted to add a tele to my collection and had a low budget. It turned out to be a decent guitar. No regrets.

No idea how the old line compares with the Indio line - except for the headstock and new logo on the gig bag (mine has no logo whatever) and that for the solid Ash version they want over $200  https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=610291 (think mine is Basswood but don't remember for sure).

Looks like that more expensive guitar and other DLX and similar still get set up by a luthier in the US according to their listings but the $100 tele copy still seems pretty well-received and I may take a chance on one due to being able to do basic setup tasks myself anyway.   Also because the coronavirus doesn't live very long on surfaces :)

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bit as I only have an acoustic (Alvarez 5029) and it seems kind of strange to play it live into the DAW->AmpSim to get a quasi electric sound haha - I've spent more taken the Mrs. to dinner!!

Edited by Fwrend
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fwrend said:

I bit as I only have an acoustic (Alvarez 5029) and it seems kind of strange to play it live into the DAW->AmpSim to get a quasi electric sound haha - I've spent more taken the Mrs. to dinner!!

How do you like your Alvarez?  I haven't had one in decades.  That model looks really interesting.  Currently I am limited to two acoustics, both Takamine (sound great, not super upset if I ding them around playing a live set) which I really like. 

To the spending part, I hear you.  I'm taking my wife to one of those Brazilian "meat party" restaurants for our anniversary soon and I know that will cost more than this guitar!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a BEAUTIFUL Averez-Yairi Anniversary Edition Acoustic, and one of the kids of the 
person I was dating at the time fell on it and broke it to pieces...quite the bummer, but I 
didn't get mad, it was an accident.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure won’t hold value like a real Tele though. I bought a new one in 1970, which was shortly thereafter looked down upon by aficionados as  a “CBS” model. Now worth  more than 10x what I paid for it.

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

How do you like your Alvarez?

I have an old Alvarez 5220 that I got from a college girl that didn't want it. Her dad gave it to her as a birthday present. Bought it from her for $150 around 1985. 

I still play it and it's my favorite acoustic. Greatest action all the way up and down the neck. I can't complain about it. Even after all these years it is still in as good a shape as it ever was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

How do you like your Alvarez?  I haven't had one in decades.  That model looks really interesting.  Currently I am limited to two acoustics, both Takamine (sound great, not super upset if I ding them around playing a live set) which I really like. 

To the spending part, I hear you.  I'm taking my wife to one of those Brazilian "meat party" restaurants for our anniversary soon and I know that will cost more than this guitar!

Hey Peter - firstly, I'm not an accomplished guitarist nor aficionado but I love the guitar.  It was a birthday gift from my newly wed wife back '82 so it has great sentimental value and is the main reason I still have it.  "Guitarists" who have played it all say it is a good sounding guitar and have enjoyed playing it.  There are a few YT videos of owners demonstrating it so you can get an idea there.

RE the Brazilian eatery, yes, you'll spend probably twice what this (Indio) guitar costs.  We've eaten there (DFW, TX Metro area) when we were down talking to a church about a music position.  After the service that went late we had no idea where to go but thought "hey, this a special day - let's stop in here!"  HA!!  I think it was like $120 bucks before we got out of there and we really didn't have it at the time.  Lesson learned.  But, it was very good and like gear, WAY too many choices, <belch!>

Edited by Fwrend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Got me the Blue one.

I almost got that one too. But I just have too many guitars.

 

Yeah I know that's not true....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...