Anybody have a Behringer X-Touch and want a Cakewalk overlay?

Scott Reams

I've created a pretty nice looking overlay for the Behringer X-Touch that correctly labels all of the buttons for Cakewalk (much like the Mackie Control overlays that have been available). I could get a bunch of them made professionally in Lexan polycarbonate, but need to get an idea of demand before I go down that path. It isn't cheap in small numbers. Would people be willing to pay $20-25 for one? I also have one made up to properly label the X-Touch buttons for when it is used to control Behringer X-Air mixers.

I've attached examples of what they would look like.

xtcw.jpg.b72096044b3f6e38831147aa47efbc54.jpg

xtxa.thumb.jpg.5be2bf68c26efea2500d462b6b1f7015.jpg

Edited by Scott Reams
  • Like 3

Looks good Scott...the only thing about the X-Touch I find is the cramped nature of the buttons. I think color coding perhaps each of the sections would help with this a lot...it can be slightly frustrating when you go looking for 'that' button and it turns into a treasure hunt.

I would def be interested in an overlay but obviously getting these sent around the world would be interesting. :)

• 5 months later...

Just an idea.    Why not buy printable clear acetate sheets and  cut holes   for the keys?     The sheets have a rough side   that is printable   opposite the smooth side.     After the ink dries it should  not smear,   but if you still worry about wear   you could   print a   reverse   image    and   flip   the   sheet   to   put   the   inked   side   down.

• 6 months later...

Thank you for this. I will save the images and will print them out and see what I can do with them.

I bought an ex touch one about 6 months ago and I'm just getting around to taking it out of the box.

How did you figure out the mapping for the buttons?

dl

Edited by Daniel Liebtag

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/29/2020 at 3:18 AM, Scott Reams said:

I've created a pretty nice looking overlay for the Behringer X-Touch that correctly labels all of the buttons for Cakewalk (much like the Mackie Control overlays that have been available). I could get a bunch of them made professionally in Lexan polycarbonate, but need to get an idea of demand before I go down that path. It isn't cheap in small numbers. Would people be willing to pay $20-25 for one? I also have one made up to properly label the X-Touch buttons for when it is used to control Behringer X-Air mixers.

I've attached examples of what they would look like.

Hi @Scott Reams. I tried to use your overlay for the XTouch, but the functions seem not to coincide with my Cakewalk by Bandlab. Am I missing something here? maybe a settting in Cakewalk itself?

Thanks in advance, Fran

On 2/2/2021 at 11:33 PM, Daniel Liebtag said:

Thank you for this. I will save the images and will print them out and see what I can do with them.

I bought an ex touch one about 6 months ago and I'm just getting around to taking it out of the box.

How did you figure out the mapping for the buttons?

dl

Hi Daniel, did you have any luck with these overlays? did the buttons work in Cakewalk as they are labeled?
Regards
Fran

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Scott,

I recently bought a behringer x-touch.  copied your template (well done !) from the forum page, and after some cut paste work,  I am using it with my x-touch. Works very nice for me !

Are there  development re this template, plans to make a “proper” overlay ?