Acoustic guitar processing

Kind of similar to the guitar VST question but I'm looking for a killer  plug to process the sound of my recorded acoustic guitar. I have a fair amount of universal audio stuff including the Woodworks.

Who knows of a magic plug that really makes things ring out?

WSS

Edited by Stephen Simmons

Any evaluation of a plugin is often highly subjective. What do you mean by "process the side"? Are you looking to get an M/S mix? If so, there are plenty of plugins I could suggest for that. 

There's also this- Tonespot Acoustic

I would download the demo to see if this is something you might like. Personally I don't like to diddle too much with acoustic if it was well recorded, but when I do, I usually reach for this plugin.

3 hours ago, Starise said:

Any evaluation of a plugin is often highly subjective. What do you mean by "process the side"? Are you looking to get an M/S mix? If so, there are plenty of plugins I could suggest for that. 

There's also this- Tonespot Acoustic

I would download the demo to see if this is something you might like. Personally I don't like to diddle too much with acoustic if it was well recorded, but when I do, I usually reach for this plugin.

Sorry that was a speech-to-text typo. 

ps thank you for the tip!

WSS

Edited by Stephen Simmons

Oh you intended to type "process the sound" . I see you edited it. Tonespot has a less expensive express version HERE. Still a very capable plugin for less than half the price.

M/S is short for mid/side which  is a pseudo stereo mic technique developed back in the 30's. The same effect can often be duplicated using various plugins now.

If you see "M/S" on a plugin and engage it you will hear similar results to the old M/S techniques. Incidentally, this can sound better sometimes than true stereo depending on the material.

Cakewalk has some guitar effect chain presets created by Craig Anderton you might try. They should be included in Cakewalk.

Edited by Starise

Agree with the Tonespot Acoustic. Go for the Express,and like me, you end up shelling out for the full version.

If I was to contravene my no-Waves policy, I'd probably suggest CLA-Unplugged. Tonespot can get the same effects as the CLA, but with many more options, and so takes longer to get the final sound.  But I also agree that you can overdo the effect, and you need to keep the acoustic fairly pure.

jdf