50% Off of Heavyocity at NI

cclarry

16 minutes ago, Mesh said:

On a separate note, I've been getting Kontakt Player6 crashes when loading snapshots/presets. Usually, the first few will work and then Kontakt locks up (not responding). I did a batch resave just to make sure, but that didn't help. I see the 'purge' thing flashing red at times and not sure exactly what it means. Never had this issue with K5 (full version).

Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

I've been using Kontakt 6 (full) since it came out - not had problem here with snapshots.  Is this just with the heavyocity stuff ?

46 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Bach B4 U Know it :D

Good stuff mate!

On a separate note, I've been getting Kontakt Player6 crashes when loading snapshots/presets. Usually, the first few will work and then Kontakt locks up (not responding). I did a batch resave just to make sure, but that didn't help. I see the 'purge' thing flashing red at times and not sure exactly what it means. Never had this issue with K5 (full version).

Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

Cheers Mesh!

Is this on Mosaic Voices and does this happen in K6 Player Standalone or in a DAW or both? The red flashing purge icon I think shows that there are missing samples. I could post  a list of the samples folder on my system to compare with yours? Alternatively you could also wait for Mat Sorrels to reply as he seems to know a lot about all things NI (and most other stuff for that matter and has been very helpful in solving my NI issues before ;) 

Edited by ZincT

4 minutes ago, simon said:

(hope you didn't feel insulted  🕊️ - it's just that always springs to mind when somebody says Bach in a rock context)

patron saint of quality footwear

Not at all, it's Bach who should feel insulted :) I just directed some of his chords through ReMIDI and dropped a drum loop onto another track (with some suitable mangling courtesy of Tantra) and Bob's yer uncle! You do need to play it back on "11" though to get the real meaning of the song.

• Like 1

I've only tried it with the Heavyocity Mosain Voices library in standalone mode. Will test it on the other libraries tonight as well as the DAW.

Of note (regarding the missing samples/red flashing purge etc..), when this was installing (about 3/4 of the way), my virus scanner stopped it  saying it was a 'threat' and I had bypass that to allow NI to install again. Before it continued, it did hold up a few minutes before resuming.

ZT, I'll try to reinstall the library first and see if that resolves it....hold off on posting the list (thanks mate!) 

4 minutes ago, Mesh said:

I've only tried it with the Heavyocity Mosain Voices library in standalone mode. Will test it on the other libraries tonight as well as the DAW.

Of note (regarding the missing samples/red flashing purge etc..), when this was installing (about 3/4 of the way), my virus scanner stopped it  saying it was a 'threat' and I had bypass that to allow NI to install again. Before it continued, it did hold up a few minutes before resuming.

ZT, I'll try to reinstall the library first and see if that resolves it....hold off on posting the list (thanks mate!) 

It does sound like your AV messed with your installation Mesh, so definitely worth trying a re-install. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

I tried to reinstall via Native Access and got this error.   Is the download link file corrupted or is this something on my end? 

(BTW   just before   reinstalling,   I check the Mosaic's folder and   1 file   was   missing thus  the  4.8GB  size )

image.thumb.png.315f41ec37d8c2746007ecf6089635ce.png

Edited by Mesh

Guyz by the way , i noticed something no so coool .

Last sale i bougth Straylight and Modular icons and even komplete 12 ultimate and i see them AS NON TRANSFERABLE 

I talked to a sales rep before purchase asking him i remeber when K13U will likely to be droped and if those would be in , answers was i can't say but you will be able to resell those extra and upgrade ...

So i don't know what's going on in NI but Sales stuff seems to become NFR's !!

NI.jpg

Edited by Zo

1 hour ago, Mesh said:

I tried to reinstall via Native Access and got this error.   Is the download link file corrupted or is this something on my end? 

(BTW   just before   reinstalling,   I check the Mosaic's folder and   1 file   was   missing thus  the  4.8GB  size )

image.thumb.png.315f41ec37d8c2746007ecf6089635ce.png

Usually this is because the file path is too long.  It looks like you are installing it into D:\Synth Samples\Komplete 9\Session Horns\

Which seems like a really bad directory to install the Mosaic Voices library (inside another library).

Native Access also does this crazy thing where it downloads an ISO file and then mounts it as a drive and runs the installer from there.  That causes all sorts of crazy things to happen since Windows "loves" to autoplay CD/DVD drives which is what this looks like.  I had to turn off some options in some ISO mounting and backup software I run so that it wouldn't try and fight with Native Access when it did the drive mount.  I can't remember all the hoops I ended up going through to sort that out.

One thing that you might also have to deal with is Kontakt 6.2.1 has some problem with doing a batch resave.  Can crash and/or corrupt a library.  They claim they are fixing it in a 6.2.2 release that hasn't happened yet.  It's messed up at least one or two libraries on me now.  As a result I only batch resave things I have the zip/install files for (or I make a backup) just in case the batch resave goes bad.

Though in this case I think you just need to configure the install directory for Mosaic Voices to be a much, much shorter path.  Once it's downloaded you can move it then use Native Access to point to the new location.   I think it's just the install/download part that cares about the path length.

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Guyz by the way , i noticed something no so coool .

Last sale i bougth Straylight and Modular icons and even komplete 12 ultimate and i see them AS NON TRANSFERABLE 

I talked to a sales rep before purchase asking him i remeber when K13U will likely to be droped and if those would be in , answers was i can't say but you will be able to resell those extra and upgrade ...

So i don't know what's going on in NI but Sales stuff seems to become NFR's !!

NI.jpg

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001024029-License-Transfer-Why-Is-My-Product-Not-Transferable-

Your product has been registered during the last 60 days

For technical reasons, serial numbers are automatically excluded from license transfer for 60 days after registration. In case you wish to resell the product before the 60 days transfer block, please contact our support team. If you wish to do so, you can include the NI username and email address of the new owner, so that we can transfer the serial numbers directly to the new account.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Usually this is because the file path is too long.  It looks like you are installing it into D:\Synth Samples\Komplete 9\Session Horns\

Which seems like a really bad directory to install the Mosaic Voices library (inside another library).

Native Access also does this crazy thing where it downloads an ISO file and then mounts it as a drive and runs the installer from there.  That causes all sorts of crazy things to happen since Windows "loves" to autoplay CD/DVD drives which is what this looks like.  I had to turn off some options in some ISO mounting and backup software I run so that it wouldn't try and fight with Native Access when it did the drive mount.  I can't remember all the hoops I ended up going through to sort that out.

One thing that you might also have to deal with is Kontakt 6.2.1 has some problem with doing a batch resave.  Can crash and/or corrupt a library.  They claim they are fixing it in a 6.2.2 release that hasn't happened yet.  It's messed up at least one or two libraries on me now.  As a result I only batch resave things I have the zip/install files for (or I make a backup) just in case the batch resave goes bad.

Though in this case I think you just need to configure the install directory for Mosaic Voices to be a much, much shorter path.  Once it's downloaded you can move it then use Native Access to point to the new location.   I think it's just the install/download part that cares about the path length.

Thanks so much Matthew, will do that tonight. BTW,    I didn't pick the path to where it's currently installed, Native Access did that on it's own and I  figured I can move it later.  I appreciate all your help...thanks!!

I finally got it installed, but what a PIA .   Just    can't believe that Native Access doesn't  have  an  'uninstall'   feature built   in.

Thanks  to my good buddy Zargg  who  sent  me  a  link for  the  NI  Uninstall   Reg Tool,  I was  able  to  delete  and  re-install   (couldn't   do it via   Windows   App   Uninstall).  This   tool   removed   it  from   the   registry  and   only   then   did  it   install   properly.     I also   set   a   new   (shorter) file   path    for   NI   Content . Thanks  Matt   and   ZT   for   all the   tips!!

Back  to  making  music!!   👍     

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mesh said:

I finally got it installed, but what a PIA .   Just    can't believe that Native Access doesn't  have  an  'uninstall'   feature built   in.

Thanks  to my good buddy Zargg  who  sent  me  a  link for  the  NI  Uninstall   Reg Tool,  I was  able  to  delete  and  re-install   (couldn't   do it via   Windows   App   Uninstall).  This   tool   removed   it  from   the   registry  and   only   then   did  it   install   properly.     I also   set   a   new   (shorter) file   path    for   NI   Content . Thanks  Matt   and   ZT   for   all the   tips!!

Back  to  making  music!!   👍     

Glad you got it sorted Mesh! I have been busy for most of today so have only just checked in. That Uninstall tool was what solved a problem I had a couple of years back and I was at the point of giving up when Matt stepped in with a link to it.

Rock on! 🤘 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Hi guys, where can I find this NI  Uninstall   Reg Tool?

Hey Fleer, It's at the bottom of this page....

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003509269-Fixing-Software-Update-Installation-Issues-Windows- 

or the direct link ...

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/115005228309/NI_Uninstall_RegTool_64bit.zip 

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1