50% Off of Heavyocity at NI

cclarry

43 minutes ago, Mesh said:

I also like that Mosaic Voices and coincidentally, I also have the 1st version of Vocalise…..watching Sample Library's review and I can feel the GAS  building up (again).

I have both Vocalise libraries, and they are pretty nice. I use them both a moderate amount (I don't do as much  hybrid cinematic music as I used to, otherwise I'd use the Vocalise libs all the time, as they are great for that sort of thing).

I think they are pretty solid, and having both is nice. They cover the same ground, but with enough differences that they compliment each other well.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

So how does one who has Vocalise 1 and 2 go about deciding on Mosaic Voices?

Simple, just buy it.  👍

That's exactly what I did....installing as we speak. :)

Edited by Mesh
  • Great Idea 2

This is a very nice instrument with a lot of useable sounds (just played with the presets).

The quality is top notch and I'm looking forward to digging in deeper.  Lots of little movements within each preset and very musical. The gui is also excellent. I'm considering getting the Mosaic Piano as well. Highly recommended. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mesh said:

This is a very nice instrument with a lot of useable sounds (just played with the presets).

The quality is top notch and I'm looking forward to digging in deeper.  Lots of little movements within each preset and very musical. The gui is also excellent. I'm considering getting the Mosaic Piano as well. Highly recommended. 👍

Cheers Mesh, just the nudge I needed ;) 

1 hour ago, Mesh said:

I think you'll like it ZT. Post back once you had a chance to play with it.

First impressions - Epic! Some really inspiring presets in there.

Not quite sure what the various key colour regions represent on some of the presets (might have to read the manual 😲)

I like how the "voices" are mixed with other ethereal sounds and the movement due to that central circular thingy. 

The preset organisation is also sensible with:

• Hybrids made up of Playables, Rhythyms and Arps 
  • Organic made up of Playable Vowels, Rhythms and  Ramps and Swells

The pure vocal presets sound great with single and stacked vowels and blends that operate with the mod wheel. 

It also seems pretty easy to modify the presets with each one made up of up to three channels of sub-presets from a list of four categories (Clone Voices, Human Voices, Hybrid Voices and Synth Beds). I noticed a few "granular" patches in there.

Well worth the money I say! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Well worth the money I say! 

Completely agree!!

Glad I got this...thanks for the reminder to check this out!!

Cheers and looking forward to your next track with Bach/Mozart/Jazzy Choir using reMIDI!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Mesh said:

Completely agree!!

Glad I got this...thanks for the reminder to check this out!!

Cheers and looking forward to your next track with Bach/Mozart/Jazzy Choir using reMIDI!!

Ok you asked for it....a song in development using ReMIDI to create Bass (MODO), e-piano (Velvet) and melody (Mosaic Voices) entitled Bach B4 U Know It...

https://soundclick.com/r/s8bq8i  :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ZincT said:

Ok you asked for it....a song in development using ReMIDI to create Bass (MODO), e-piano (Velvet) and melody (Mosaic Voices) entitled Bach B4 U Know It...

https://soundclick.com/r/s8bq8i  :)

Bach B4 U Know it :D

Good stuff mate!

On a separate note, I've been getting Kontakt Player6 crashes when loading snapshots/presets. Usually, the first few will work and then Kontakt locks up (not responding). I did a batch resave just to make sure, but that didn't help. I see the 'purge' thing flashing red at times and not sure exactly what it means. Never had this issue with K5 (full version).

Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

Edited by Mesh

3 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Lol! That's a classic :) Just wish I could come up with titles like that.

haven't watched it in years - but I can still quote every line

(hope you didn't feel insulted  🕊️ - it's just that always springs to mind when somebody says Bach in a rock context)

patron saint of quality footwear