50% Off of Heavyocity at NI

cclarry

55 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Been thinking of Forzo for a while...
Might be the time...

Forzo is very nice and big.
I am thinking about doing some vids or live streams to feature these. I have Forzo, Novo, Vento, Ascend and picked up Mosaic Keys during Christmas.
Let me know if there is anything specific you would like to know or hear ;^)

Edited by Simeon Amburgey
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Forzo is very nice and big.
I am thinking about doing some vids or live streams to feature these. I have Forzo, Novo, Vento, Ascend and picked up Mosaic Keys during Christmas.
Let me know if there is anything specific you would like to know or hear ;^)

I would imagine (i.e hope) that Forzo would work well with SpitFire's Albion One.
I picked Albion One up a couple of month's ago but haven't had a chance to really use it yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheSteven said:

I would imagine (i.e hope) that Forzo would work well with SpitFire's Albion One.
I picked Albion One up a couple of month's ago but haven't had a chance to really use it yet.

Absolutely. What Heavyocity brings is not only the traditional sounds but gives you the ability to take them into some crazy places like they seem to do with most of their libraries. Albion One is also very nice.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheSteven said:

That was my thought, as well. I love AlbionONE's strings (I use them in everything), but don't like the brass patches very much. Forzo might be a nice companion library...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Forzo's lack of legato kind of kills it for me.  When I first got it I don't think I cared so much.  But over time it has pushed it further down my goto brass list.

what's on your goto brass list ?

Lately I've been using the brass in Metropolis Ark 1-4 (mix and match for "epic") and Cinesamples 90's Retro Trumpets.  But to be honest neither are making me happy.  I've also been using NI's Symphony Brass (the full version, both solo and ensemble).  Truth is when I want a generic all purpose brass I'm usually ending up there and later I swap it out.  Forzo is definitely in the mix too.  It does some things really well (the designer is very cool).  The new Junkie XL Brass looks very interesting (you can listen to individual parts in the SINE player) but the pricing is way off for me.  I listened and gave a punt on the new 8DIO Century Brass.  It's price isn't bad though, but it doesn't seem like they fixed all the issues the first release had.  I may regret this call at some point though, but 8DIO will have another sale sooner or later.

I've tried very hard to work with Spitfire's BBCSO and it's brass.  I had hoped it would become my standard orchestra.  But the player and it's headaches have pretty much driven it out.  If it were a Kontakt library I might say it's a good brass answer.  It does have the sound/instrumentation/articulations I want.

I don't regret getting Forzo (or Novo) I just wish Forzo had a bit more.  Lack of solo instruments is also another factor.

While I have all the Albions I don't think I used the brass in any of them.

I suspect with brass you may just have to settle for a lot of mix-and-match.

• Thanks 1

I'm tempted by Mosaic Voices or Vocalise 2.

Does anyone have either of these and care to comment? I have the first Vocalise so I am guessing Vocalise 2 is more of the same but wasn't aware of Mosaic Voices until now.

EDIT: Found this YouTube video covering Mosaic Voices and Mosaic Keys. Seems pretty nice at half price....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmSMflL_Qs8

Edited by ZincT

2 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

While I have all the Albions I don't think I used the brass in any of them.

I suspect with brass you may just have to settle for a lot of mix-and-match.

I have had the same experience so far -- don't use the brass in any of the Albions that I own, and instead have a varied patchwork from other libraries in my orchestral template. In my case, a mixture of VSL brass, Hollywood Gold Brass, NI Symphony Series, Da Capo brass, and Adventure Brass (by Musical Sampling). I like having legatos on hand, so if Forzo has none, I'm not sure how useful I'd find it. 

I've heard nothing but good things about Cinematic Studio Brass, and that may be where I'll look next. And I think a few folks have praised Spitfire Studio Brass, as well. That's on my current Wishlist....I'll probably give Forzo a pass.

1 hour ago, ZincT said:

I'm tempted by Mosaic Voices or Vocalise 2.

Does anyone have either of these and care to comment? I have the first Vocalise so I am guessing Vocalise 2 is more of the same but wasn't aware of Mosaic Voices until now.

EDIT: Found this YouTube video covering Mosaic Voices and Mosaic Keys. Seems pretty nice at half price....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmSMflL_Qs8

Got a nice review from SOS as well: https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/heavyocity-mosaic-voices

Move over Waves, things are getting Heavy here.... 

• Thanks 1