Toontracks Kicks & Snares EZX

cclarry

1 hour ago, simon said:

"Never-before-released material recorded in eight different top studios in Australia and the UK"

Glad to hear this. I would have lost some respect for TT if they were just trying to repackage already released product.

Seems like they are trying to get more Superior Drummer elements into EZD. I like EZD because...... it's easy? With EZD2 they started giving more options in how to control the sound of the drums. Now offering specific drums for you to add and build your own kits.

Maybe it's just me. With EZD, I pick a sound I like for the song, then leave them unprocessed until mixdown. Then I only stick very little on the buss. (I may do a little on the kick/snare!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grem said:

Glad to hear this. I would have lost some respect for TT if they were just trying to repackage already released product.

it does say "The raw content for the Kicks & Snares EZX was recorded over a long period of time" - so that made me a bit suspicious.  

I wonder if they are just outakes from other products ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simon said:

"Never-before-released material recorded in eight different top studios in Australia and the UK"

edit

those kind of things are like catnip to me .....sigh - £51 lighter

Catnip!! Exactly! I'm pretty sure someone in Sweden was cleaning out a (virtual) closet and...    I figure it will go on sale it's first time November of 2022. What kind of midi would come with this?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BassDaddy said:

What kind of midi would come with this?

"Includes a selection of backbeat-oriented MIDI grooves performed by Darby Todd" 

(Rhyming slang for something I suspect)

(PS - has everybody played drums with The Darkness as some point ? - they are like Spinal Tap)

6 minutes ago, BassDaddy said:

Catnip!! Exactly! I'm pretty sure someone in Sweden was cleaning out a (virtual) closet and...    I figure it will go on sale it's first time November of 2022. What kind of midi would come with this?

One hit wonders?

@simon: Don't be suspicious.....it took a long time to get those kit piece out of the (virtual) closest

• Haha 2

IS this worth it if you have almost every EZX library? On Best Service is cheaper anyway, only 59 Euros vs 69 on Toontrack (Which is 76 USA bucks vs 79 on T&S)...

and on BS with no VAT it's around 50 (I would get this for 48 coz of BS coins).

3 hours ago, simon said:

"Includes a selection of backbeat-oriented MIDI grooves performed by Darby Todd" 

(Rhyming slang for something I suspect)

(PS - has everybody played drums with The Darkness as some point ? - they are like Spinal Tap)

Wasn't he "The Demon Barber of Fleet Street"?

• Haha 1

also - just posted in larry's 8dio percussion thread raving about SD3  - but I really think it's amazing - so I've come back here to rave as well 😍

playing with the new pack and totally worth getting - there are stacks and stacks of snares and kicks - all sound great (the 1920 black beauty is my current fave).  They throw in a single kit of toms/cymbals to give the presets some context...and there are a lot of presets for those who are into that kinda thing.

The snares also have some extra added channels (sub/skin-lo/skin-hi/stick).  Still working out what they do 

anybody hesitating.....well buy now before they sell out !!!!!

(fwiw using SD3 not ezdrummer so dunno what you'd have access to in EZD)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1