Strange crashes with AAS VSTs

Steve Moddelmog

Hi Steve,

I am wondering if you were to make a project template based on one of your earlier projects in which VA-3 is working, would it load correctly?  If it works then at least you have a workaround until this issue is resolved.

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tecknot said:

Hi Steve,

I am wondering if you were to make a project template based on one of your earlier projects in which VA-3 is working, would it load correctly?  If it works then at least you have a workaround until this issue is resolved.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Interesting idea.  I'll give it a try and report back.

33 minutes ago, tecknot said:

Steve, try making a track template for VA-3 and see if that works also.  That way you can just insert the track template as desired.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Ok, good idea.  That would be better since it would let me insert in an already-started project. I'll try it and report back.

• 1 year later...

AAS updated some of their VSTs recently, so I thought I would take a look and see if the updates resolved this problem, which I still have unless I use the workaround suggested above by Teknot.  The update didn't fix the problem.  But then I tried this: I opened Sonar Platinum, which I still have on my computer, and tried inserting the VST3s of both Ultra-analog VA3 and Chromaphone II into a new project (NOT using the track template workaround). Guess what?  SPLAT was able to use both VST3s with no problem.  The issue only exists in CBB.  What, if anything, does this suggest?