[SOLVED] Is there a scrub tool in CbB?

Christian Jones

28 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Thant's how I remember it in Home Studio 9 & Sonar 8 but in CbB all it does is start play in normal speed forward & reverse until mouse button is released.

And it only plays audio, not MIDI.

If you go faster than the cursor it plays normal speed, but if you’re cursor goes slower than realtime then it plays slower. Try zooming in then drag slowly, you’ll hear it.

And you are partially correct in that you can’t scrub midi in the Track view.  However you can scrub Midi in the Piano roll view or the Staff view

21 hours ago, sjoens said:

Thant's how I remember it in Home Studio 9 & Sonar 8 but in CbB all it does is start play in normal speed forward & reverse until mouse button is released.

And it only plays audio, not MIDI.

Edited by brandon
mistake

Zoom controls: http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Introduction.24.html#1056357 (online help)

I use zoom faders a lot. (reference "B", "E", & "H" from above link).

Scroll wheel in TV: horizontal zoom = alt+scroll; No vertical zoom?? but you can simply grab the bottom of a track's control area and drag it down.

(Used to be able to double click the control area to make it full screen - double click again to minimize, but no more. 😟)

Scroll wheel in PRV: horizontal zoom = alt+scroll; vertical zoom = alt+ctrl+scroll. Must center the cursor over the area to zoom. Not very smooth.