Save clip's tempo map with project

Mario Branchi

If you enable audiosnap and edit a clip's tempo map to sync transients with musical beats, the editing is not saved with the project and when you reopen it, all the work done is lost.

I found this thread in the old forum, where it can be deduced that the bug was reported in 2017, but has not been fixed yet:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3623086

English is not my mother language, so I find it difficult to explain the bug in detail, please read the above thread for a better explanation of the problem.

To the bakers: is there any chance the bug will be fixed in one of the upcoming releases?

I know I can use melodyne to create a tempo map from an audio file, but in this case it's a piece of classical music which requires surgical adjustments, which I think are possible only editing the tempo map with audiosnap

• 3 weeks later...

No reactions on this topic by anyone.

I guess few people use this feature, so maybe fixing it isn't a priority. It's a pity because it's rather powerful, but at the moment it's incomplete since you have to do all the editing in one session.

Ableton Live and Logic have similar features, but the tempo map gets saved in the project, so you've got all your editing when you reopen it. It should be the case in Cakewalk too.

Anyone using tempo mapping with AudioSnap? Any suggestions or workarounds?

Edited by Mario Branchi

Yes, I reported this myself back in 2016. I know that clip tempo maps were saved properly in earlier versions, but not sure exactly when it broke.

Now you have to get all your work done in a single session which can be problematic since making a lot of edits to a clip map tends to cause a hang in my experience,  and you can't go back to an intermediate save.

If possible - depending on the situation - it might be best to break up long clips, finish work on one section at a time, and bounce them down as you go. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, SentientClump said:

Have you tried Melodyne instead? You can install the Essential version with Bandlab Assistant. Once installed you can drag the audio clip to the timeline.

IMO Melodyne is not so good for timing corrections, because its transient detection is very poor (like with most music software) and has to be corrected manually. This is also true for AudioSnap, but in Melodyne it is very difficult or almost impossible to find the note start in some cases (e.g. with notes that are played in short intervals the blobs are almost joint together), because the blobs are not so informative like the wave form. In such cases I could find the note start precisely with AudioSnap.

• 2 months later...