What service do you all use to host an image? I used to use "imgur" but it seems to have changed.

yeto

Dumb question: How do you use imgur? When I need them, I create links to images, usually screenshots, on OneDrive. I signed up for imgur and looked around a bit. Looks like it's mainly a sight for publicly sharing memes, kinda like instagram. I didn't see anything about storing images that couldn't be viewed and shared by the public.

Thanks.

Bill

14 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

Dumb question: How do you use imgur? When I need them, I create links to images, usually screenshots, on OneDrive. I signed up for imgur and looked around a bit. Looks like it's mainly a sight for publicly sharing memes, kinda like instagram. I didn't see anything about storing images that couldn't be viewed and shared by the public.

Thanks.

Bill

I use it to embed images in posts on forums.

One advantage to using an image hosting service instead of uploading images to the forum is links to images do not count against the forum's 50MB per user image quota,

Here is how to use http://imgur.com

To access your image page

• Click on images in the menu at the upper right of the page

DCMgLVC.png

To upload an image drag and drop it onto your images page.

By default, images uploaded into your account are private and accessible only by publishing links to them.

To add an image to a post here

• Click on the image
  • Click on the copy button next to the BBCode text

iJRBBFR.png

• Paste into your post

• Thanks 1