Authorizations without update?

Kurre

Would there be a time when the refresh activation from BandLab assistant refused to do it because of me don't having the latest update? Or "some update".

In other words, does the Bandlab activation react to existing update version?

The answer is NOT dependent on windows version.

PLEASE do not mention it and ruin a perfectly fine question.

3 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Activation is independent of installing a new version. You can choose to reactivate at any time from the bandlab assistant menu.

That is avoiding the question. You probably took the political route of being vague to protect your back.

I take that for a yes. Because if it can not be answered with a definitive no, it surely will happen at some time in the future.

You all feel free to say what you want about windows versions now.

4 hours ago, Toddskins said:

I sure hope not.  That would force upgrades that users will eventually find destroy their rig due to not going to Windows 10. 

Yes it will.

Windows announced big changes to the underlying code structure in Win10. It is going to be more and more incompatible with earlier windows versions.

Which means that sooner or later CbB devs will have to take a decision if they should allow their code to grow only for the sake of win7 and 8 compatibility. Maybe future Win10 code can't coexist with earlier code without massive amount of extra code.

If that happens Cakewalk moves from Windows only to Windows 10 only. o.O

And without a Linux or Apple or Android version the future is...? Well, they have to rely on online Bandlab to be a huge hit.

Yeah, I'll be pissed when that day comes.   To maintain a free CbB I would be forced to  invest big money into new machine, new sound card, new learning curve, and I absolutely refuse to do it.   That would motivate me to hang it all up.  Well, I can still use X3 Producer.

Edited by Toddskins

13 hours ago, Kurre said:

That is avoiding the question. You probably took the political route of being vague to protect your back.

I take that for a yes. Because if it can not be answered with a definitive no, it surely will happen at some time in the future.

You all feel free to say what you want about windows versions now.

Um no you misunderstood my answer. As I said activation is completely independent of the version installed today. IOW it doesn't check the currently installed version.
If you are asking if a currently installed version will work forever the answer is no. There is no guarantee that OS changes won't break something and we don't support old versions indefinitely which is why we have periodic updates. As far as Windows 7 goes, at some point we will stop allowing updates because changes will be incompatible with Win7.  We can't predict what will happen in the future but as long as BandLab assistant continues to work on Win7 activation should still be possible.