Paul Bush

Paul , for several reasons I like it too.. You've definitely got a Dire Straits guitar tone going on . I Really liked the piano at the start , it Immediately took me back to a 70s song by Traffic that I haven't thought of in years. "Low spark of high heeled boys"  That was a great song with a great feel that took me back to a really good time.  Thanks ..  mark

Like Christopher Cross and Dire Straits got together? Way cool.

I really like the space in the mix, and just one crit, check the levels on the vocal and the lead guit, sometimes they jump out really loud, just for a moment. For example, vocals at 1:30, guitar at 2:50.

I like a cool story song, and the guitar and vocal performances are quite excellent.

Cheers,

-Tom, who happens to be currently working up an original tune "Empty Room" !!! Not as good as yours, sadly . . .

• Like 1

Well Well , now you come to mention it Traffic`s ``low spark ´´ Christopher Cross , Dire Straits , etc were all  huge influences , not to mention Van morrison, Bonnie Raith, Robert Cray , Robben Ford , Joni Mitcell, Rickie Lee Jones, and so many others and at the end of the day they all influence    ``my style´´  (if I have one ) thanks for all the really nice well informed comments ``low spark`´ have nt  heard that album for many a year ..I´ll pop dwom stairs a give it a spin for old times sake .I really appeciate t all of your input .cheers Paul DB

Excellent piece Paul! I think your vocals really push the song from "in the style of..." to uniquely your own. Yes, all of those influences are there, but this is still very much an original song.

Mixwise, I like the arrangement a lot. Lots of room and everything is clearly audible. Great job on this!

Dan

Thanks Bjorn and Dan for the encouraging comments , On the usual music web sites I hardly ever got any response at all good or bad  ..so since installing bandlab and being a member on this forum things have really changed , once again thanks for taking the time to respond cheers Paul DB