This will make James chortle :-)

SteveStrummerUK

yeah, can't stop laughing

Thing, is, though, you are instructed by your insurance providers NOT to apologise at the scene of an accident. But Mr. Windsor did, according to the guy interviewed that pulled him out if his Chelsea Tractor, express concern for the other party.

And if the guy who put me in hospital for six weeks, after knocking me off my motorbike in 2009, had turned up to say "sorry," my missus would probably have told him to feck off.

You will also find that the police, in such a situation, strongly advise against contacting the third party.

Anyway, Mr. Windsor wasn't driving:-

DxLy1-aWsAAZJWU.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, synkrotron said:

Thing, is, though, you are instructed by your insurance providers NOT to apologise at the scene of an accident. 

I've never read that in an insurance policy (then again, I've never really read one...), but if I'd caused the accident I'd hardly remember that anyway, and certainly would apologise.

25 minutes ago, James G said:

I've never read that in an insurance policy (then again, I've never really read one...), but if I'd caused the accident I'd hardly remember that anyway, and certainly would apologise.

Same here.

I rear ended a Chelsea Tractor on my motorbike. Comical really... Scrubbed most of my speed off and cracked the light cluster on the car.

I apologised... Told that insurance that I was responsible and they told me off. 

That's how I know...

31 minutes ago, James G said:

Yeah, it's usually there in the small print accompanied by the threat that admitting liability can invalidate your insurance. I've often wondered, like in a case not too far from me recently, where a car left the road, went through a garden and ended up in somebody's lounge what the insurance company expect the driver to say to the person watching the TV.

"Hello, I just want to say that I accept no responsibility for this whatsoever."

Edited by paulo

• John locked this topic