What new updates would you like to see in 2020 to Cakewalk - CLOSED.

Will.

13 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I asked the same somewhere around these parts, apparently you can't because the ASIO buffer settings are outside of Cakewalk ( and other DAWs ) control..all it does is launch your ASIO software when you change the buffer size in Preferences.

I don't even bother changing it within Cakewalk any more, I just go straight to my audio interface's asio settings in the systray and Cakewalk jseems to deal with it.

Yes, the ability to switch buffers setting in this manner depends on the driver being used. In the case of ASIO drivers some now support buffer change request from the host still others do not.

A tempo view that uses vectors like automation lanes do. Let's say I want a slow rallentando followed by a quick accelerando to get back to the original tempo. With vectors, that's 3 clicks on the tempo line to create 3 control points and then one drag of the centre point. If I want to tweak things later, all I do it move the midpoint around. At the moment, I draw two lines and hope the ends match up nicely (so I need to zoom in) and redraw if they don't, and then I have to repeat the process each time I want to tweak things.

(Waits in hope for "you can do this already man")

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, PaulCW said:

A tempo view that uses vectors like automation lanes do. Let's say I want a slow rallentando followed by a quick accelerando to get back to the original tempo. With vectors, that's 3 clicks on the tempo line to create 3 control points and then one drag of the centre point. If I want to tweak things later, all I do it move the midpoint around. At the moment, I draw two lines and hope the ends match up nicely (so I need to zoom in) and redraw if they don't, and then I have to repeat the process each time I want to tweak things.

(Waits in hope for "you can do this already man")

I second this request

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Doug Champion said:

A software that you actually care about enough to release on CD.

Do those still exist? 😱  Haven't seen a CD/DVD burner in a while. 😂

Edited by Will_Kaydo

I tell you what I'd find useful  ( and I am half hoping someone will tell me it can already be done ) 

A quick way of duplicating midi notes either an octave above or below the current selection. I know you can select and CTRL-SHFT and move the mouse up or down 12 semitones to do it but just a single press of a key or two would be great. 

This is especially handy when you are working with orchestral parts as you quite often double them in the arrangement.

On 5/22/2020 at 2:32 PM, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

A quick way of duplicating midi notes either an octave above or below the current selection. I know you can select and CTRL-SHFT and move the mouse up or down 12 semitones to do it but just a single press of a key or two would be great. 

This is especially handy when you are working with orchestral parts as you quite often double them in the arrangement.

DOUBLE.CAL (or a modified version of the script) bound to a keyboard shortcut

The description from the top of the script:

; Scott Michael Kemp - Serial Number: 400899 - CP - 4.0

; DOUBLE.CAL
;
; This adds addition octaves above or below the selection of notes.
; An example of use would be to octave a string riff or bass line to make
; it thicker.
;
; Note: Does the same as:
;
;    1. Copy
;    2. Paste to blank track
;    3. Transpose the temporary track by an octave
;    4. Cut the temporary track
;    5. Paste onto the original track
;
; To create more than one octave, the number of steps increases signifigantly.
;
; To use DOUBLE.CAL
;
; Enter how many extra octaves you would like.  (enter a positive number
; To place the octaves above, or a negative to place it below)
;
; Next Enter how much each octave will raise or lower its velocity.
; (A negative number will make the additional octaves softer)

Although stuff like this is better in a separate thread as it is bound to get lost in this omnibus thread.

There is a dedicate forum for questions like this one and a dedicated forum for feature requests.

Creating one big thread defeats the purpose of the the forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I tell you what I'd find useful  ( and I am half hoping someone will tell me it can already be done ) 

What you can do, if you use something like Autohotkey, is a simple key macro like this:

CTL+C

CTL+V

CTL+ Num 8 

This copies selected notes, pastes them again in place, and then moves the newly created notes up an octave. Same with Num 2 (both in the numeric pad) duplicates an octave below.  Or you can keep pressing CTL + Num to keep on moving octaves up or down.  I just used a Contour Shuttle Pro to create the macro and assign it to a button, and it took me about two minutes. I haven´t used Autohotkey, but I guess that you can get the same.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I asked the same somewhere around these parts, apparently you can't because the ASIO buffer settings are outside of Cakewalk ( and other DAWs ) control..all it does is launch your ASIO software when you change the buffer size in Preferences.

I don't even bother changing it within Cakewalk any more, I just go straight to my audio interface's asio settings in the systray and Cakewalk jseems to deal with it.

Focusrite has a floating buffer size popup that you could leave open but using it several times in a session is about the only way I can BSOD Cakewalk  

1 hour ago, JoseC said:

What you can do, if you use something like Autohotkey, is a simple key macro like this:

CTL+C

CTL+V

CTL+ Num 8 

This copies selected notes, pastes them again in place, and then moves the newly created notes up an octave. Same with Num 2 (both in the numeric pad) duplicates an octave below.  Or you can keep pressing CTL + Num to keep on moving octaves up or down.  I just used a Contour Shuttle Pro to create the macro and assign it to a button, and it took me about two minutes. I haven´t used Autohotkey, but I guess that you can get the same.

One for my Streamdeck then..cheers

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would like to have an option to one-click bypass for the whole row of effects at once in the console. For example place the same type of effect, say an EQ or a compressor, or channel FX, as the first fx in every track, then ctrl(or anything)+click 'off' in only one of them to bypass all at once. This is for quick comparison.

Something like a 'dummy spacer' would be handy in cases where I would need to set the FX order properly, in some tracks.

Please fix and update the External Insert plugin behavior. As of now, and since it was released, it is forcing stereo outputs, and if you choose a mono output, it hijacks the second mono output of whatever pair you selected first. Even if you set interleave to mono, External Insert will remain in stereo. This is reducing the interface I/O capabilities to half. Even just making another identical but only mono plugin would be an acceptable solution.

I made a post about this, with pretty pictures and all, but it has not received any feedback.

Hope it gets sorted out.

• Like 1

My TOP 3 Feature Requests are:

1. Beat Mapping:  For Film scoring you set Hitpoints  Markers and these must map to a Up- or Downbeat. The Markers are Lock to SMPTE time.
    Create a Tempo Curve from Measure X to Measure Y with Density 1/x.  ( --> Project - Set/Measure Beat At Now with Tempo Curve)

2020-06-16_beat.png

Screen-Shot-2018-03-11-at-6.42.02-PM.png

2. Articulation Keyswitch Map - see separate Topic here.
    https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/17232-feature-request-color-trigger-keyswitches-articulation-iss/

2020-06-14_20h49_15.png

3. Allow Users to create additional Info Tracks for:  Markers, Signature, Tempo and Beat mapping. The current Situation is visible confusing...

2020-07-17-Tracks.png.89185c5b284a262f5da844fe8cffe183.png

• Like 3