Delete a midi segment from a track

Mark Withers

I originally started using cakewalk in 1994. I have been forced (by technology) to upgrade from Producer 8.5 to Band Lab's Windows 10 X64 version.

My problem is that I can not simply click on a small midi segment and press delete without cakewalk deleting everything else in the particular time line and moving the rest of the following material into the deleted material's place ( find it easier to mow grass with tweezers at this point) .

Could someone please tell me how to do a simple midi segment deletion?

Thanks

I think two things are in play here.

First of all, it sounds like you've got Ripple Edit enabled which is why the rest of your clips are being moved after the delete. Make sure this is OFF.

image.thumb.png.ca84e5fa7e5959a8905c25c92f4c79e0.png

Secondly, it sounds like other things have already been selected before making your note selection (presumably in the PRV? )

What I'd recommend:

1. Before selecting your notes, press CTRL + SHIFT + A.  This will ensure you've deselected everything.
2. Switch to the Select tool, to avoid any smart tool behaviour you're not used to:

image.png.77a16e37bc3c1e01d515d276e0fa566b.png

3. You can then use the select tool's lasso behaviour (or CTRL + click) to select your notes and perform your edits.