S-Gear 2.9 VST3 failure

Magic Russ

I have not been able to get SGear 2.9 to work as a VST3 plugin in Cakewalk (The VST2 version works fine).

When I initally scanned SGear, I got errors on three files:  FlxComm64.dll, FlxCore64.dll, and SonuusTuner64.dll.  These three files are in c:\Program Files\CommonFiles\VST3\SGear2.vst3\Contents\Resources.  The first time, I clicked to disable these.  On a rescan I clicked to enable these plugins.

I am able to pull up an instance of the VST3 version of S-Gear, but it does not make any sound nor show any movement on the input meters.

I have.  They haven't responded yet,  but it seems they have a few more pressing issues. 

Of course most of my vst3 plugins don't have resource directories and I wonder if this might be a problem with the wrapper. 

I also forgot to mention that the VST3 works fine in Bitwig and Studio One, so likely a Cakewalk issue.

Edited by Magic Russ

• 2 months later...

As I mentioned in your thread, Scuffham have acknowledged the problem.

They have not released a fix.

For now, use the VST2 plug-in.

By default the VST2 plug-in is in C:\Program Files\Scuffham Amps\S-Gear_VST

Either add that path to the CbB scan path or move the dll into a folder already in the scan path.

Just tried the most recent release 2.94 as there was some mention of "This fixes a problem observed with the VST3 plug-in on Windows where the plug-in could load with muted output". 

Still no go. No input displaying in S-Gear and inserting the VST3 in the FX bin blocks the signal path.

Also noted redraw issues. Click on Presets and the GUI won't redraw the part that expands to the right, making it impossible to close.