Don't use 'Remove DC Offset' during recording. It causes corrupt audio when recording stereo pairs!

jono grant

You learn something new every day - I didn't even know that was an option during recording. It's not something I'd have even thought of doing, as I avoid any ITB processing at all while recording.

Still, it's surprising that removing DC offset would actually corrupt files. Corrupt in what way? Dropouts, perhaps?

It's possible what the OP is hearing are dropouts, which when numerous can sound like very bad distortion. It could be that the overhead incurred by real-time DC offset detection (basically a HPF set to a very low cutoff frequency) is simply pushing the CPU over the edge. If that's the case, then simply increasing the size of the record buffers may fix it. Of course, that'd also increase your latency, if that's a problem. 

Hey, Dave, you should just do a quick test yourself. I don't think it's related to streaming performance or buffer settings. It seems there's just some logic issue with the way offset corrections are applied when working on a pair of inputs. Looking back at old threads, it only occured when recording each side of a stereo pair to a separate mono track, not with a single stereo track, which was not made 100% clear in the OP. This was reportedly fixed in the Newburyport release but I don't think I ever personally verified it.