Feature Request: Some new Pro Channel Modules

Christopher Poore

Been some great update for cakewalk over the last year making it far more stable but be really nice to see some new features now. I would particularly like to see some new pro channel modules maybe some more eq and comp options, or some other effects. WHat would you all like to see in pro channel? more third party modules maybe? 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

off top of my head some nice console style parametric EQ maybe a neve, SSL, API  style , also a few more classic compressors a fairchild style would be great plus something more drastic like a distressor. Also some third party modules would be nice, just would like to see more on it cos i think its a great idea. 

SONAR Platinum came with more modules including compressors and a limiter, so more PC modules do exist and are in the possession of BandLab.

They would need to test them with the current Cakewalk and decide whether to re-release them.

There were also a few companies whose products were released in the format. The only one I can think of at the moment is Boz Digital's Bark of Dog I, but there were others.

6 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Don't forget you can also use standard VST's in your ProChannel using this method:

IMO the only thing that is missing with this method: You cannot assign a senseful value range to the knobs, e.g. if you have a threshold, compression ratio, release value or whatever how can you know what 1-100% means??? Okay, you can say you have to listen, but that's not a quick starting point for a setting!