Choptones Bogna XTC - TH-U Rig Library

Mesh

$29

https://overloud.com/products/choptones-bogna-xtc

Bogna XTC is the TH-U expansion library, created by Choptones, seeking to recreate the sound of a Bogner Ecstasy 101B*.
Born in the late 80’s but placed on the market just in 1992, the Bogner Ecstasy* was the answer to all guitar players who needed a large palette of guitar tones without using multi-amp settings or multi-channels preamps. Reinhold Bogner figured out that the combo preamp+power amp couldn’t give the right dynamics and responses of a single circuit unit, so brought us this Swiss-Knife amazing amp. Another aim? The “simple” mission to give users the amazing tone of vintage amps (mission accomplished).

The Bogna XTC library contains 142 rigs, which have been captured using the following gear*:

• Thanks 2

Unfortunately they ignored suggestion to prepare some bundles to introduce nice deals for those who would like to have more RIGs...

Well even with their promos buying every single RIG I could like is really not affordable for me... Are they really think many people will buy all their RIGs without any group buy preferences?

RIGs can be run only with TH-U engines so quite closed market...

• Like 3

Speaking of which.....I haven't bought any rigs for TH-U yet and supposedly, Choptones makes some good quality rigs. Just wondered what you guys think of OwnHammer's cabs vs. Chotones?

I really like the OwnHammer cabs that came with Mercuriall and thinking of getting a pack from them.   

4 hours ago, Mesh said:

Speaking of which.....I haven't bought any rigs for TH-U yet and supposedly, Choptones makes some good quality rigs. Just wondered what you guys think of OwnHammer's cabs vs. Chotones?

I really like the OwnHammer cabs that came with Mercuriall and thinking of getting a pack from them.   

Yup, Slate TH-U edition has Ownhammer's IRs and they sound really great. While I cannot compare them directly I have many RIGs and enjoy their sound as well. Anyway every RIG bundle is not only just TH-U preset with related RIG but there are lots of them alone which can be used for tonal searching.

• Thanks 2

I buy TH-U rigs once a month or two. Not too challenging for my wallet. There are quite a few gems in both amp and cabinet profiles. Although I prefer Overloud's libraries, some libs by Choptones are definitely must-haves.

This particular library stirs no interest in me because I've already bought a set of Ecstasy knock-off profiles and because there is a Bogner Ecstasy model in the latest TH-U version.

• Thanks 1