Saving the cakewalk exe file prior to installation

newdreamstudio

I printed out some instructions a couple of months ago re: saving the cakewalk.exe installer prior to

actually clicking the Install button in Bandlab Assistant...

so I was all set to copy that but ended up with the installation going to completion...

What I did was click Update in BA (update CbB) and waited for the Install button to appear so that

I could copy the CW installer prior to final installation.

Instead, what I saw was  " installing/extracting/etc" and the process went to completion without the

option for me to intervene and copy the installer.

** should I have clicked Open in the dropdown in BA instead of Update?

Rusty

There is no install button once CbB is installed. There is an update button. The update process was changed slightly starting with CbB 2018.11. Now BA will download one of two files depending on the version of CbB installed.

If running the most recent version, BA downloads a CbB update file. This is a much smaller file than the full CbB installer containing only the parts updated since the last release. This file will only work with the previous production release.

If this is the initial install or updating from an older release of CbB, BA downloads the full CbB installer.

Either way, updates do not stop for user input so one must be quick when making a copy of the CbB installer in %appdata%\bandlab-assistant\Downloads (although I just noticed Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Setup_25.01.0.27.exe and my copy are in the download folder days after the update).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scook said:

Either way, updates do not stop for user input so one must be quick when making a copy of the CbB installer in %appdata%\bandlab-assistant\Downloads

I made a shortcut on my desktop to that folder, so if I want to grab  a copy fast I can. :D