CbB Mac, please

urock

The only reason I don't support this is because building proper cross platform software is a real pain in the ***** to do right. A lot of companies will build the core code on one platform and then hire out another company to do same janky crap port and it never works the same across both, unless simultaneous development is done. This is the key difference. Simultaneous dev, not porting. 

This late in the game, all you're going to get on Mac is a crappy port and no one wants that. The loyal PC members don't want dev cycles taken from bettering the existing PC platform, and Mac users don't want an under-performing buggy port. 

No one wins. 

I get where you're coming from. I just think it'd be a mistake at this point. And Mac people already have GREAT DAW options at their disposal. 

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
On 12/21/2018 at 11:52 PM, urock said:

I may as well be the first to request it in the in the new forum...

Dear Meng and Co,

Please consider producing a Mac version of CbB.  Thank you for your consideration.

urock

Just wanted to say thank you to Cakewalk/Bandlab/Bakers for making this happen in the form of Cakewalk Next!  I put my name in for the Beta and look forward to trying it out and providing feedback.

9 hours ago, urock said:

Just wanted to say thank you to Cakewalk/Bandlab/Bakers for making this happen in the form of Cakewalk Next!  I put my name in for the Beta and look forward to trying it out and providing feedback.

I do slightly wonder what goal is as Mac users havea great free DAW in Garageband that's been around for almost 20yrs now with a clear upgrade path to  Logic Pro

Or is it to allow IOS Bandlab users to stay within the ecosystem if they outgrow the mobile App