Ujam Iron <SOLVED!>

kevro2000

As a part of my Focusrite Scarlett experience, I downloaded for free the Ujam Iron Virtual Guitarist. It installed successfully, and shows up on my hard drive, but I cannot seem to find it when I've got CW open, and "insert new instrument."  It should be working great.

Its not the only VSTi, or VST effect that I cannot find. I'm not at my CW machine, so I cannot look up what specific VST affects/instruments are MIA. Most of them do work, and work well, I might add. Since I wanted to play w/the UJam this past weekend, and it not working, I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thx.

Edited by kevro2000

Long time ago now, but IIRC I had a similar problem with UJAM products in the usual VST location (the dll's were there but the scan ignored them for some reason) and had to move them to their own folder and add that to the VST scan path and then they were picked up. No idea of why it made it should make any difference, but might be worth a try.

13 hours ago, kevro2000 said:

As a part of my Focusrite Scarlett experience, I downloaded for free the Ujam Iron Virtual Guitarist. It installed successfully, and shows up on my hard drive, but I cannot seem to find it when I've got CW open, and "insert new instrument."  It should be working great.

Its not the only VSTi, or VST effect that I cannot find. I'm not at my CW machine, so I cannot look up what specific VST affects/instruments are MIA. Most of them do work, and work well, I might add. Since I wanted to play w/the UJam this past weekend, and it not working, I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Thx.

Have a look in the browser in CbB (press B shortcut) then select the Plugins / Instruments menu and type "iron" in the search bar.

Iron.jpg.2b2eca50e6a054f5cd86df60a25ea011.jpg

If it's not showing then chances are you haven't included the right location in the VST scanner.

On my system it was installed to: 

c:\program files\vstplugins\UJAM\

so check that yours is also there and if so make sure c:\program files\vstplugins it is included in your VST Scan Paths (press P then VST Settings) and rescan.

Edited by ZincT

10 hours ago, ZincT said:

Have a look in the browser in CbB (press B shortcut) then select the Plugins / Instruments menu and type "iron" in the search bar.

Iron.jpg.2b2eca50e6a054f5cd86df60a25ea011.jpg

If it's not showing then chances are you haven't included the right location in the VST scanner.

so check that yours is also there and if so make sure c:\program files\vstplugins it is included in your VST Scan Paths (press P then VST Settings) and rescan.

Yep, I'll give that a try this weekend, when I get back to that machine. 

I know, due to double-checking, that the files are in c:\program files\vstplugins, and that folder is in scan path.

If this works, I'll come back and mark the post as solved.

On 1/21/2020 at 8:30 AM, ZincT said:

ZincT,

You were correct. For some reason, Ujam Iron had self-installed to some place on my drive called "VTRoot," which I cannot view from Windows Explorer. I could only find it using the search software, "Everything." I certainly did not choose that as an installation path, but that did certainly fix it... its loaded in CW, and me and my MIDI keyboard are ready to play!!

Thanks for your help!

On 1/20/2020 at 9:41 PM, tecknot said:

It might be a matter of where you installed Ujam on your hard drive. 

Tecknot, you were correct, as well. I just could not see that Ujam had installed to some weird location on my hard drive "C:\VTRoot."

All taken care of now, Thanks for your input!

12 minutes ago, kevro2000 said:

ZincT,

You were correct. For some reason, Ujam Iron had self-installed to some place on my drive called "VTRoot," which I cannot view from Windows Explorer. I could only find it using the search software, "Everything." I certainly did not choose that as an installation path, but that did certainly fix it... its loaded in CW, and me and my MIDI keyboard are ready to play!!

Thanks for your help!

No problem kevro2000. Glad you got it sorted 👍

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
18 minutes ago, Erik Robles said:

I can hear it in the vg-iron box that opens up but the step sequencer does not make a sound. Any clues on this from anyone? Thank you.

Erik, I put VG-Iron in an instrument track. Keyboard (piano, or mouse clicks on the virtual keyboard) causes the chord progressions/rhythm guitars to play. I can then record like any other. I've never tried using step-sequencer with it, sorry. Perhaps, with us keeping the thread alive, and bumped-up on the list, we can get more definitive answers.

• Like 1

Thank you @kevro2000. I did that before and it doesn't even give me an audio track. I can clearly hear the virtual instrument when I click on the keys. What a great sound. But if I try to record or use the step sequencer, I get nothing. What a bummer. I am with only 12 days left of the trial and still no joy on this plugin. Hopefully someone has some insight. Maybe I installed it wrong or not configuring my inputs/outputs correctly.

P.S. I failed to mention that I do not have a midi instrument or controller. I only have a computer keyboard and do not know if what I am trying to do is possible.

vg-ironLayout.PNG

Edited by Erik Robles

2 hours ago, Erik Robles said:

P.S. I failed to mention that I do not have a midi instrument or controller. I only have a computer keyboard and do not know if what I am trying to do is possible.

Erik, I think I used an outboard MIDI keyboard synth to control (Ensoniq TS10) . But, I use the virtual keyboard all the time with vst instruments, and they seem to work well for me. Hope someone can shed some light on the subj for you

14 minutes ago, kevro2000 said:

Erik, I think I used an outboard MIDI keyboard synth to control (Ensoniq TS10) . But, I use the virtual keyboard all the time with vst instruments, and they seem to work well for me. Hope someone can shed some light on the subj for you

Thank you. I will keep my fingers crossed. Thank you again

On 1/21/2020 at 12:08 AM, kevro2000 said:

Thx.

Hi - when you say you downloaded it for free is it a demo version or the full working copy as I have Focusrite Scarlett(s) and havent seen this before?

8 hours ago, brandon said:

Hi - when you say you downloaded it for free is it a demo version or the full working copy as I have Focusrite Scarlett(s) and havent seen this before?

Brandon,

It was a part of the plugin-collective offerings that rotate every month to two months for free software from focusrite and different companies. Its been several months ago. AFAIK, you can only access whatever the current offering is. It is usually full program, not demo, or trial-ware.

Here's the link to the software, U have to be signed in to ur account. Use this one to find the current software to download, and install from. As of today, the current proggy is DEVASTATOR.

https://customer.focusrite.com/en/my-software

The next link shows u the current software for download, plus the past ones.

https://focusrite.com/en/plugin-collective

I almost pulled the trigger on Iron when it was on sale recently. Already had Sparkle. But I went with Carbon as it was more similar to the new UI for the UJAM basses v2.0.

I think that the other guitars may get a version refresh soon, which should include the finisher, as well as the instrument mode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevro2000 said:

I just check every so often: I never receive a notification from focusrite.

I just found out its easy to enter your email address and you will get notifications of future freebies. The Ujam was a steal - am peaved I missed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brandon said:

I just found out its easy to enter your email address and you will get notifications of future freebies. The Ujam was a steal - am peaved I missed it.

Where do u do that at? I just glanced, didn't see an option, but I may have missed or am on the wrong web page.Thanx