Multiple track selection for console strip sizing

RBH

Would be useful to power / or ctrl select multiple strips in Console view to widen or narrow console strips. I can understand that these sorts of workflow conveniences might require some major code work - so none are trivial to ask for. But it's useful to add them to the conversation. Hopefully it act as a batch collapse for closing all selected Pro channels views.... etc.

Been doing it over 5 years now.

Select all strips, hold down Ctrl, Right click and scroll down to narrow strips and select it. To undo, follow the same steps and deselect "Narrow Strips"    

Edited by Willsa
  • Thanks 1

Wow - it seemed like it should work just as you describe - I think that's what I've been trying. I wasn't selecting all strips though, just certain groups. I'll try again tomorrow. It's seems too basic even for me to screw up.

• Like 1

Thanks Willsa - though it's not working the way I would wish. It does work with  " all " strips  - and it works with a single strip as expected. I was hoping to select certain groups of strips and be able to narrow or widen just that selected group. Maybe in the future, it's certainly not a biggie.

Highlight only the strips you want to narrow. So, every time you want to narrow only a specific group of tracks, you have to highlight only that group you wish to narrow.

1: Click on the first track of the group, and drag as you highlight at the bottom.

2: Next- hold down Ctrl and select narrow strips.  Move to your other groups and do exactly the same.

Step 1: Highlight the other  4/5 group tracks.

Step 2: Hold down Ctrl and Narrow those.

When you highlight don't press down on Ctrl. You only press and hold down on Ctrl when selecting "Narrow Strips"

Capture.thumb.PNG.69720982625cdf136379ecacc8f6908d.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

Edited by Willsa
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Willsa said:

Highlight only the strips you want to narrow. So, every time you want to narrow only a specific group of tracks, you have to highlight only that group you wish to narrow.

1: Click on the first track of the group, and drag as you highlight at the bottom.

2: Next- hold down Ctrl and select narrow strips.  Move to your other groups and do exactly the same.

Step 1: Highlight the other  4/5 group tracks.

Step 2: Hold down Ctrl and Narrow those.

When you highlight don't press down on Ctrl. You only press and hold down on Ctrl when selecting "Narrow Strips"

You can also hold down Ctrl to select NON-adjacent tracks.  Then  hold down Ctrl as you select "Narrow Strips" as stated.

12 hours ago, martsave martin s said:

what i would like also it's very-narrow strip

Unfortunately, that depends on your screen size, OS and resolution. The new updated version of Windows 10, sizes things down extremely compact. But of course, a wider 23inch screen monitor or 28inch will fit best here.

• Like 1