Crash using IK Multmedia Sample Tank from possible Windows 10 Update?

Paul Montgomery

3 hours ago, Paul Montgomery said:

@Simeon Amburgey I notice the first instance of Philharmonic you have in the video has (in the icon area) a round midi icon over a square for the main engine instance that all other tracks fall under. I can load the plugin with the 16 tracks internally and work with them but can't seem to route each channel individually to cakewalk where each individual instrument has it's own track with audio levels in the DAW. I used the new update to output as many channels as needed to record on each track, but only the master instance has a level. (all instruments combined) not even sure if i'm articulating correctly. So i guess if you can tell me how to drag or bring in the first master engine instance , I could figure the rest to follow from your video. It's just that in your video the master track is already there and didn't see how you did it. Thanks Simeon

The tutorial covered the MIDI side of things, initially using Philharmonic inserted with one MIDI source track  and the 1st audio output. The plugin in this example was used with only one stereo audio output. In this case the  mixer window in the plugin is capable of mixing the individual instruments and routing them as one stereo signal to the Cakewalk mixer using one Cakewalk fader.

Alternatively you could have inserted Philharmonic with one source MIDI, and all audio outputs. That would result in 16 audio channel faders in Cakewalk. But then you would need to go into the Philharmonik mixer window and send each audio output to its respective channel in Cakewalk.

By default, a multitimbral plugin usually mixes & routes all audio output to the first stereo output, but you then can manually change if the plugin offers an audio output for each instrument slot.

It possibly would have complicated a basic tutorial to go into all these extra steps, as it really comes down to personal preference for which end you choose to do your mixing on. Obviously there may be advantages to mixing in Cakewalk if you want to use advanced insert FX plugins on specific instruments in the mix.

Edited by abacab

3 hours ago, Paul Montgomery said:

@Simeon Amburgey I notice the first instance of Philharmonic you have in the video has (in the icon area) a round midi icon over a square for the main engine instance that all other tracks fall under. I can load the plugin with the 16 tracks internally and work with them but can't seem to route each channel individually to cakewalk where each individual instrument has it's own track with audio levels in the DAW. I used the new update to output as many channels as needed to record on each track, but only the master instance has a level. (all instruments combined) not even sure if i'm articulating correctly. So i guess if you can tell me how to drag or bring in the first master engine instance , I could figure the rest to follow from your video. It's just that in your video the master track is already there and didn't see how you did it. Thanks Simeon

Check it out, just put this together quickly  ;^)

I did make a discovery that Cakewalk does not link the MIDI Channel Volume Controls to the Volume on the individual slots. These can be automated however as you will see in the video. I checked this with Cubase and they provide and additional Quick Control that can be assigned to the individual part volume,

Hope this helps?

Edited by Simeon Amburgey
  • Thanks 2