Crash using IK Multmedia Sample Tank from possible Windows 10 Update?

Paul Montgomery

That screen does not really tell anyone much - other than it created a crash dump.

Are you using the latest version of Sampletank 3?   (3.7.3)

Have you logged a support request to Cakewalk support (and sending the the corresponding crash dump)

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000025633

Note: If you contact IK Multimedia Support about this, they will simply tell you to upgrade to Sampletank 4

I using Sampletank 4.09 on a fully patched PC - no issues.

I did raise the buffer to 512 and it seems to work. However, Since yesterday this started happening and I've always been able to put the buffer at 256 and even 128 with no issues. Maybe the new slider is an issue with ST3. I had it at 300. Maybe it needs one of the defaults. I've contacted support and IK. Thanks

Hi Paul,

Just out of interest,I have a crash issue with a brand new ST4 SE installation out on a ticket with IK at the moment,and the same issue has been raised on this forum in another thread by several members.Does that crash you illustrate above occur during playback,making moves involving ST4 etc or as in my case,once a project containing ST4 is closed and then re-opened?

This happens using either the VST2 or VST3 ST4 plug,with CbB and ST4 built up to date.IK have been in contact with me with some steps to try but no resolution so far.

Thanks

Neil.

On 1/20/2020 at 4:54 PM, Paul Montgomery said:

Looking for a fix. Please advise and thank920990286_Screenshot(109).thumb.png.e8ed2b3aa20e731edb9e8ae28de58009.pngs!

On 1/27/2020 at 8:43 AM, Matthew Sorrels said:

OP is using Sampletank 3, not 4.  it's VST3 version was never very stable.

@Paul Montgomery and @Matthew Sorrels, sorry about that, I should have looked a little close; but looking I notice several instances of Philharmonik 2 and was wondering if that might play into some of the issue (long shot). As far as updating, I would still check to see if there might be an update for SampleTank 3, you never know and according to some other posts it seems that IK will be improving notifying users when new updates are available which would be nice.

@Paul Montgomery, have you ever thought of using Philharmonik 2 multitimbrally? That way you would only need one instance. You would have access to multiple audio outs as well. Just a thought.

All the best

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 8:33 AM, Simeon Amburgey said:

have you ever thought of using Philharmonik 2 multitimbrally? That way you would only need one instance. You would have access to multiple audio outs as well. Just a thought.

Simeon, How do you use Philharmonic 2 mutitimbrally? Thanks

On 1/28/2020 at 8:33 AM, Simeon Amburgey said:

On 1/27/2020 at 8:43 AM, Matthew Sorrels said:

OP is using Sampletank 3, not 4.  it's VST3 version was never very stable.

I seem to recall  issues for some regarding stability for SampleTank 3 in the VST2 vs. VST3 plugin versions. If you are using that, try switching to the VST2.

• Like 1

Just now, JoeGBradford said:

Nice video Simeon - could have used that when I started out with Phiharmonik 🙂

Since Philharmonik 2 and SampleTank 3 use essentially the same interface, just with a different "skin", the video instructions should apply to both.

• Like 1

@Simeon Amburgey I notice the first instance of Philharmonic you have in the video has (in the icon area) a round midi icon over a square for the main engine instance that all other tracks fall under. I can load the plugin with the 16 tracks internally and work with them but can't seem to route each channel individually to cakewalk where each individual instrument has it's own track with audio levels in the DAW. I used the new update to output as many channels as needed to record on each track, but only the master instance has a level. (all instruments combined) not even sure if i'm articulating correctly. So i guess if you can tell me how to drag or bring in the first master engine instance , I could figure the rest to follow from your video. It's just that in your video the master track is already there and didn't see how you did it. Thanks Simeon