Acustica Audio El Rey €59

trager

Cpu hit makes this a non option for me .... it ssuper hyped in the low end and what tricks a lot of people since compression wise its on pair with what s around ....

Edited by Zo

13 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Nice...I just saw on KVR that this runs until Feb 3rd!!!  That can get me there!

Sorry Larry. Not sure why I posted the end date on one forum and not the other. I'm just going by what it says on their site anyway.

*The promo is valid from January 20 to February 3, 2020, 11:59 pm (GMT+1). Please note that Acustica Audio reserves the right to change, modify or terminate any promo at any time and without prior notice.

Hopefully they won't 'terminate the promo' before you can get in on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trager said:

Sorry Larry. Not sure why I posted the end date on one forum and not the other. I'm just going by what it says on their site anyway.

*The promo is valid from January 20 to February 3, 2020, 11:59 pm (GMT+1). Please note that Acustica Audio reserves the right to change, modify or terminate any promo at any time and without prior notice.

Hopefully they won't 'terminate the promo' before you can get in on it.

Thanx Trager!  Lucky for me I'm all over the forums!

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I've wanted to transfer my license for like forever, but they ask 100 euros for the transaction... lol... 

Yeah be warned, you buy at this price and to transfer to another user would cost €25 + the difference between sale price and regular price of €268! So basically not possible . They really need to update transfer policy!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, tom said:

Yeah be warned, you buy at this price and to transfer to another user would cost €25 + the difference between sale price and regular price of €268! So basically not possible . They really need to update transfer policy!

That's a deal-breaker right there....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

That's a deal-breaker right there....

Exactly so they will earn nothing keeping such policy on that already sold license.

Lowering costs to anything reasonable would give them additional income on the same license. So they should be happy because  counting on persons who are looking better prices would buy new license is not good plan I believe. They just stop spreading plugins between more users...

• Like 2

I took this for a test drive, and WOW, it sounds GREAT!!!
VERY VERY NICE!!!  And none of my CPU's ever hit more than 50%
(I have 8...) on the performance monitor, even with a boatload of other plugins.  It was updated in Dec, 
so that might have helped with the CPU hit, but it didn't even nearly
tax my CPU''s as much as some of the Wave plugins do.
 On the two bus it really can open up the mix...some slight
tweaks and WOW.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

I took this for a test drive, and WOW, it sounds GREAT!!!
VERY VERY NICE!!!  And none of my CPU's ever hit more than 50%
(I have 8...) on the performance monitor, even with a boatload of other plugins.  It was updated in Dec, 
so that might have helped with the CPU hit, but it didn't even nearly
tax my CPU''s as much as some of the Wave plugins do.
 On the two bus it really can open up the mix...some slight
tweaks and WOW.

The eq curve is what gives it that nice warm sound. Many wanted it as an option but Greg insisted it stay as it replicated his h/w..

If the eq curve is not desired you can eq it flat just like you can do with any other plugin. Just put a basic bell EQ @ 54Hz, dip - 2dB and you'll have close to flat response. From my notes: There's a high shelf starting around 6kHz up to 13 -14kHz , then dips down slightly towards Nyquist.

Also remember their meters are poor, they're trying to improve but the rule of thumb is compression starts before any meter or needle movement.

• Like 1