``Yoodoo that Voodoo´´

Paul Bush

``Yoodoo the Voodoo ´´  I met Ermin Wärnä  from Sweden on a fb music group,  he had the riff and I was inspired  and did the rest,  this is the first  colaboration Ive ever been involved with ....... such a great riff , soo easy to write over the lyrics and melody were finnished in twenty minutes , the recording however took ages (too many knobs, switches and faders)  this was my real first bandlab effort,  I´m slowy getting my head around the workings of this fanatsic music tool  , Overwhelmed at times I have a lot to learn but still lots of fun     any tips would be welcome regards Paul DB

• Like 1

Yep  Tom see what you mean with the kick ,Ive now listened to it again and now i´m not too happy with the whole thing , really needs tightening up , I think what is in my opinon basicaly a good song is sadly let down by the  bad mix . regards Pau DB.......Ohhum back to the drawing board

Lots and lots of good stuff here. The vibe comes through aplenty. It will be a good one!

Yes, suck some of the low end out of that kick.

Could also be a thing to try  to differentiate your song away from the classic "Son of a Preacher Man"  if possible. If not, I think you can get away with it.

The bass guitar, in a sleazy skanky vibe such as this, could play just behind the beat a little more - just an opinion. Your bass seems to be anticipating or just ahead of the beat, in spots, which is kind of a "feel" sin, methinks.

Those vocals were very, very well performed. Loved the "aaaah" at the end!

will keep a listen out for the v 2.0 . . . keep at this, it's gonna be a keeper!

-Tom v 2.0

Thanks guys , to perfectly honest I´m not much of a Bassist, or come to that a good guitarist ,But what I `ve learned over the years,  less is more and play within ones reach and play a melodic solo rather than a fast one , when I started out to write songs I´d play everything myself as I`m too empatient to wait for someone else  to help me out , and yes it lacks ``funk´´ i think because I use EZ drums I´m slighty constrained to the patterns and I never seem find the perfect fills , and yes son a preacher thing definitely there  I knew it and well....... ignored it .so much stuff sounds like so and so,  so i take it in my stride otherwise i´d never finnish a song .. as a foot note all my songs were as `demos´intended and one day to be freshly recorded with proper musicans in a studio ( when I win the lottery) dont hold yer breath as the say. regards Paul DB