Surface Pro upgrade

jkoseattle

Because so much of my CbB work is being used in animations I'm also building, I'm finding more and more of my work would now more efficiently done on a tablet such as a Surface Pro with a pen. Image manipulation and animation specifically. However, I've stuck to my Desktop Tower PCs over the years because I can get a lot of processing power for cheaper than a laptop, plus my Midi and audio interface cards work in them.

However, I'm wondering if maybe I'm behind the times, and a Surface Pro IS able to run CbB with 20 EastWest Composer Cloud instruments and Sonitus plug-ins using its onboard CPU and audio engine. I've always opted for the tower because it's cheaper for the horsepower I get, but now the infiltration of other stylus and touchscreen-based applications is maybe tipping the scales and it would be worth a little extra. All my document storage is cloud-based, though EastWest Composer Cloud instruments all need to be installed locally (ironic, huh) and are very big. 

Should I be thinking about switching to a Surface Pro so I can run CbC AND drawing tools and animation tools  all on the same system?