That Escalated Quickly! (Mind the Rabbits)

PhonoBrainer

Well I wasn't expecting that.

I thought it was really good and different for sure.
What was the instrument that sound like someone putting their finger in their mouth and popping the cheek?

There are a few pops and clicks... is that intentional?
Gonna give it another listen.

Edited by garybrun

And now for something entirely different

10 hours ago, garybrun said:

Well I wasn't expecting that

ditto!
Kudos, this was great.
Some very interesting use of dissonance in section 1 (perhaps "dissonance" isn't the correct term, been watching
a lot of Rick Beato and he goes on about Mixolydian Ionian Alien; whatever) but I still can't tell you that's a
Bb maj 7 with a sus 2,4 in the root.

Anyway, Very Cool!

T

• Like 1

@bjornpdx - thanks! Welcome to the kitchen sink. It probably works better for some than for others. Appreciate the comments.

@kloon - playful works for me, thanks!

@dcumpian - yes sir thanks much! A video might help it even more. Welcome back!

@DeeringAmps - yeah I might have got away with a couple of jazz chords in there. Hope they work ok. Thanks much and glad you liked it!

@Jesse Screed- if you only knew how many damn rabbits I've got flopping around up in there. They peek out at everyone's peril! But I keep them well fed. Your observations are quite apt. Thanks!

@garybrun- Thanks Gary! I'm honestly not hearing pops and clicks, unless you mean the clock/metronome at the beginning and the end? I'm going back to doublecheck. It's also a felt piano and they can have noise as well. Thanks. glad you liked it!

Edited by emeraldsoul
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, emeraldsoul said:

@garybrun- Thanks Gary! I'm honestly not hearing pops and clicks, unless you mean the clock/metronome at the beginning and the end? I'm going back to doublecheck. It's also a felt piano and they can have noise as well. Thanks. glad you liked it!

I listened to it again.... no clicks?
very strange...  I played it a few times yesterday and clicked in the same places....  sorry about that.
Clear as a whistle now.

Anyway...  still a great arrangement and I liked it a lot.

33 minutes ago, garybrun said:

I listened to it again.... no clicks?
very strange...  I played it a few times yesterday and clicked in the same places....  sorry about that.
Clear as a whistle now.

Anyway...  still a great arrangement and I liked it a lot.

Ah! I updated the file from mp3 to .wav yesterday, and I did change a level or two here or there, so maybe you heard the previous. No you are not going cuckoo! Thanks for the comments . . .

• Haha 1

To me - this is a composition that leads to contemplation in the first half - interesting. The sort of thing where you ask yourself - where am I going, what am I doing - that sort of thing. The second half of the song is more of a party - bartender - I'll have another.

I thought the mix was top-notch - I don't think the piano is too soft going out - I think it's just right.

Nice job emerald😊

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Nice one Gary, lots of interesting intersections, the mix sounds fine here. Enjoyed it.

Strange, I went to listen to it again & it's gone now..Maybe you just removed it?

I sent Gary out for more Oreos. Tom here, and thanks for the comments! I checked on the file on Soundcloud and it's there, so perhaps the cloud coughed up a hairball.

cheers H.S. !

Quite the musical journey . . . kind of a piano tango, which momentarily goes Copacabana, and eventually morphs into EDM, then, was that a hint of new age disco ? . . . and all along the ride a grab bag of interesting sounds, and jazzy chords.  There's so much here that I enjoyed.

I especially like the piano intro, where you change it up on every phrase, just slightly enough . . . very well played ! 

Overall, it's got a very eclectic flavor to it . . . so, I'm thinking now, whatever will he come up with next ?

• Like 2