That Escalated Quickly! (Mind the Rabbits)

PhonoBrainer

many thanks! there's now a vid up in the first post . . . 

@daryl1968 - thanks so much, and hopefully I get to hear more of yours sometime soon!

@Andrew Ball - bonkers is right, and the video might help that along. I sure appreciate the compliments! thanks.

@Johnbee58 - thanks John, this one is a bit all over the place. thanks for the comments!

@Douglas Kirby - thanks, I'll pour you one any day. 

@Hidden Symmetry - much appreciated, thanks for the listen! glad we got it working!

@geeare1thanks so much, glad you liked it! You know what they say about short attention spans . . .

@David Sprouse - yes for some reason the gypsy chime things just popped right up, I did no treatment of them. I think they change the scene nicely. thanks for the listen!

@noynekker - thanks very much for noticing the little piano changes, I think that livens it up a bit for the poor suffering listener. I appreciate the regards, and by all means post away on your stuff, I'd like to hear it.

@thegaltieribrothers- hi Paul and thanks. Sound textures are kind of where it's at. Sometimes anything can be music.  cheers!

@amiller - very cool, thanks for the listen!

cheers,

-Tom

4 hours ago, garybrun said:

My first job when I left school I worked on a rabbit farm with 3000 rabbits.
I used to kill and skinn them  🙂

Oh Jeeze. If that vid doesn't trigger you then nothing will. So sorry!

It's a bunch of stock clips, and I left out stock clips of actual skinning of rabbits. Which, yes, there actually are stock clips available of rabbits being skinned, which I found surprising.

• Haha 1

Well..........I guess I feel bad for the poor rabbits, but this is the process of life for some rabbits and the way of the omnivore. We all have to eat.

I have eaten rabbit and liked it. No it didn't taste like chicken, but close. It just sucks being a rabbit or a chicken or a pig or a ...........

Well chosen footage for the subject. I didn't feel that the musical "middle" was huge. I could tell it was there. Made a nice contrast from the rest. This would just be a nice listen all by itself. 

Wow!  This is an excellent composition and video.  I am I getting a message here.  Is this a story of: a cute little critter and a prey item; a depiction of a food chain; or the story of life??  Perhaps I'm getting carried away but I was completely and thoroughly impressed!!  Excellent work Tom!

• Like 1

@InstrEd - thanks, the elements are kind of disparate, agreed! Glad u liked it.

@David Sprouse - totally get the baboushka, agreed. In the video it's rabbits. Soooooo many rabbits. Yes it gets dark but hold the meds 'cause I'm far too amused as it is!

@freddy j - correctamundo! The juxtaposition is the message. If there is a message to my madness. So glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the listen.

@Starise- thanks. I hope the rabbits don't mind being eaten, petted, chased, or for that matter, filmed. Once I started, I couldn't believe how many stock clips of rabbits are out there. Absurd! The music came first on this one, and then the rabbit clips, which apparently multiply like, oh I dunno, something. Thanks for the comment and the time!

Cheers y'all, and thanks!

Hi Tom

Loved this - a bit bonkers but we all need bonkers sometime - well here in South Africa at the moment, we have Bonkers ALL the time -   perhaps we could swap killing Rabbits to killing corrupt Politicians - we have more of those in Africa than Rabbits!!!!

My favorite section of the track was the EDM part from about 3.20

Great job

Nigel

Hi Tom,

You weren't joking about the macabre warning. I watched this with my 2 bunnies and had to cover their eyes poor things 😉 

For some reason I thought this video was going to chart the tensions of Trump killing that Iranian chap + between the USA and Iran in general with a hint to oil propagation, but bunnies is good + to my mind is an allegory for the same 🙂 

A great video none-the-less so thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

paul