Option to turn off multidock capture hot spot area.

bitman

I'm going to try to be as clear as I can with this.

I have one monitor with no room for two. When I undock the PRV for example, and wish to move it up in front of my face, there is that annoying non-optional venus fly trap hot spot that thou mustn't slide your undocked window  near or shlooop! into the dock it goes again.

It occupies a good third of the interface and I just hate it. Frankly I'm annoyed with skylight but we're not getting the pre X1 MDI back so I don't beat that drum.  PLEASE, PLEASE let us turn off that capture hot spot. I hate fighting an interface that supposed to be on our side.

6 hours ago, bitman said:

I'm going to try to be as clear as I can with this.

I have one monitor with no room for two. When I undock the PRV for example, and wish to move it up in front of my face, there is that annoying non-optional venus fly trap hot spot that thou mustn't slide your undocked window  near or shlooop! into the dock it goes again.

It occupies a good third of the interface and I just hate it. Frankly I'm annoyed with skylight but we're not getting the pre X1 MDI back so I don't beat that drum.  PLEASE, PLEASE let us turn off that capture hot spot. I hate fighting an interface that supposed to be on our side.

I believe If you hold down CTRL while dragging the window, the auto docking does not occur.....   At least, on mine, it prevents the auto docking.

It would be nice if the bakers could reversed this....  that is, unless CTRL is held down, auto docking does not occur.