Things with strings

mark skinner

Here's another instrumental featuring mandolin and cello. Although it's buried pretty deep the slapped acoustic was my favorite part to mix. There was a lot of bouncing and reversing to get the backwards reverb on the slaps the way I wanted.  All suggestions welcomed especially concerning the mastering stage.  Thanks ..   mark   

• Like 1

Hey , Thanks for the input so far.  To Tom , yeah the cello didn't come in until that point . I guess I should have just said featuring Mandolin.  The cello was added as an after thought after everything else was done.  Seems like everything I've been posting (that I think is worthy) has cello in it . I guess I really need to spend more quality time with it.  To Gary , 2 of the 4 Sonar 7 drum loops I used , had a really sub sounding kick , the bass guitar was pretty thin , so that's probably where the deeep stuff came from.  As far as the bass sucking sound  , if it was mainly from the short break  it may have been from the reversed reverb on the acoustic.  If not ,  Iv'e been told several times that my bass sucks ..     mark

• Haha 1