IKMultimedia Sunset Sound Convolution Reverb - Intro price $149

Amicus717

I don't think that I'd buy this even if I had the 30% of Jampoints,..
That STILL makes it $100, and those days for me are over.  I'll wait
till a sale, group buy, or some other CRAZY DEAL, because paying 
full price, or even intro price, especially at IK, is a waste of money...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grem said:

No doubt that we don't know the full extent of what this reverb can do. But as an analogy, when Melda came out with their Turbo Reverb and that asking price was way beyond what I can get Abbey Road Plates for on sale, to me as a buyer, it just seems over priced. (To Melda's credit, Turbo Rev sounds really good and what you can do with it is really worth the asking price. I have it now. But I did get it on sale!! )

Knowing what I know about all the T-Racks stuff I have I never had any question that this new plugin would sound fantastic. Just not ready to pull the trigger on that much for another reverb. 

Maybe I'll take another look and see if I missed something. 

And as I said all along, I will end up with this plugin for sure. Eventually.

I have that Melda super duper verb.  I will probably learn 3 Draws before I figure that one out.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Have you tweaked it or used presets? Which presets?

I'll have to check, but I usually start with the "easy screen".  I don't know that I have a particular "favorite", although I do tend to gravitate towards the "dark plates" for some reason in general.   Must be all those years of listening to The Cure.  ;)  I've also got it on my "RoomVerb" channel to toggle through when looking for some space.  One of the Preset shops sells some for MTurboReverb.    I've actually considered those.   Oh, and don't forget you can download user presets from Melda's Online Preset Exchange or whatever they call it.  ...and I haven't even begun to dip into the the Multiband functionality of this beast!  Dang,  I have GOT to start digging into it some more and quit looking for new plugins!

8 minutes ago, mibby said:

I'll have to check, but I usually start with the "easy screen".  I don't know that I have a particular "favorite", although I do tend to gravitate towards the "dark plates" for some reason in general.   Must be all those years of listening to The Cure.  ;)  I've also got it on my "RoomVerb" channel to toggle through when looking for some space.  One of the Preset shops sells some for MTurboReverb.    I've actually considered those.   Oh, and don't forget you can download user presets from Melda's Online Preset Exchange or whatever they call it.  ...and I haven't even begun to dip into the the Multiband functionality of this beast!  Dang,  I have GOT to start digging into it some more and quit looking for new plugins!

Same here.  I'll be fine with Melda, IK, and Izotope.   Those are also the most license friendly plugins.  Also very little confusion updating unlike Waves.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Grem said:

Is there a demo for it? I didn't notice one. 

I did go back and take a second look and re-read the info. They have a great idea going on here. Using the studio's own mics and mixers in the rooms themselves, and having all 3 studios in there gives it appeal no doubt.

But I would still be honest in saying I am not ready to open the wallet at that price. $79 intro to loyal IK customers, I would have really thought about it. 

I was talking about the waves ... i hope ik will not go convo on everything , the tapes are a pain because they sound great and can t be used that much until you prioritise or bounce .... can t afford to have amplitude and reverb doing the same , i skipped the brian may because of cpu hit , shame so it sounds great ...

• Like 1

Glad to hear about the product downloader/authorization Peter. Hope it will install the products too! With options of where to install, 32 or 64 bit, choose what folder to put the vst dll in. And on and on!! :)

Edited by Grem

Since there is some confusion elsewhere I wanted to be clear that not only did we use the Sunset consoles during the creation process of T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb but they are also modeled and are under the hood in the actual plugin too.

The audio demos are also well-received, here are some of the drums.  I love that chamber!

Pop Drums Dry

Pop Drums Chamber 3

Pop Drums Live Room Studio 2