IKMultimedia Sunset Sound Convolution Reverb - Intro price $149

Amicus717

14 hours ago, Zo said:

I own space 1 witch was already exellent , is space 2 really an upgrade ?

I never had 1, so I can't comment. 

I do think that the reverbs that come with T-RackS are extremely under-rated.  They were my go-tos, particularly their Hall and Room, before I got Pro-R and Spaces II.  But they still have their uses. And I have no doubt this one is really good too, but the price does not stand up to the other reverbs that are available. 

This is an interesting time for reverbs.  It seems very likely we will soon see sets of three coming out from both NI and Arturia. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I never had 1, so I can't comment. 

I do think that the reverbs that come with T-RackS are extremely under-rated.  They were my go-tos, particularly their Hall and Room, before I got Pro-R and Spaces II.  But they still have their uses. And I have no doubt this one is really good too, but the price does not stand up to the other reverbs that are available. 

This is an interesting time for reverbs.  It seems very likely we will soon see sets of three coming out from both NI and Arturia. 

Reid the guy behind ik reverbs was the guy that make relab stuff so top quality indeed , i also had xverb (ssl) from the same guy that i sold and regrets .... i sold all ssl just few weeks before the updated them , if only they would have communicated on those updates lol i sold them with the sentiment of abandonware... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

20 hours ago, Zo said:

Reid the guy behind ik reverbs was the guy that make relab stuff so top quality indeed , i also had xverb (ssl) from the same guy that i sold and regrets .... i sold all ssl just few weeks before the updated them , if only they would have communicated on those updates lol i sold them with the sentiment of abandonware... 

Zo, I wasn't aware that IK hired people from the outside. Unless of course, the relab guy joined their team.  Do you know any more about things like that?   Aside from Miroslav I know little about the people behind the IK instruments and effects.

15 hours ago, Fleer said:

Another interesting tidbit is that the guy behind the Alesis Andromeda worked on IK Syntronik. lf I remember well, his name’s Erik Norlander (yep, that’s him: https://www.eriknorlander.com/bio/). 
He also did the IK UNO synth. 

Thanks @Fleer  Interestingly he doesn't mention his involvement with Syntronik in his bio, which was based on his samples of his synth collection. 

https://www.musictech.net/features/erik-norlander-interview/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marshall said:

I refuse to believe that there is one member on this forum that needs another reverb. Appreciate “need” isn’t really the point in GAS land, but another reverb? In 2020? For HOW much?

Hm, feel guilty here... I have a constant internal fight between different interpretations of my buying some type of effect in different interpretations...

One thing is am I really able to get sound of new thing which is fascinating me just using old things I already have?

If so how much time it would cost...  I tried to use EQ match to simulate AA Ruby EQ to save as I liked very much and it costed a little. But I failed.

After different tools it was still not the same. Maybe I gave up too fast? Maybe it was because lacking some skills in hearing.

Anyway after fights with different tools I suddenly realized even getting close to original Ruby in my context was still just a drop in sea...

As I would need repeat the process for every combination of knobs...

So I bought it. No only because I lost faith in reaching goal but just to save  huge amount of time (you could of course call me lazy). And to be honest no regrets. I just paid for their hard work to make plugin sounding nice removing additional effort from me to reach what I want not to spend too much time on engineering  but more focus on music itself.

I thing it could be quit similar story with buying another reverbs. Of course who could trust in words of GAS infected zombie ;) 

But what is our real goal? What are we trying to achieve? Is it really always the same goal for everyone? I am not pro so most probably my focuses and goals are very different from those of pros, and also from those of very good skilled but not caring so much  about finishing gig fast and moving to the next as having other option to get money for their work...

4 hours ago, Marshall said:

I refuse to believe that there is one member on this forum that needs another reverb

That was funny!! Best quote of the day!!

I would have to agree with you. We really don't need another reverb, in 2020, at that price!!!

I'll pass on this ....

for now!!

Told ya'll.... I'm gonna end up with it... no doubt. Not at the full price. And for sure not at the intro price either. 

• Like 1

This isn't just a basic reverb or some general IRs of just some random space.  This is Sunset Sound, even the three chambers are worth a lot.  They sound amazing, which isn't surprising based on what material was recorded using those chambers (and rooms, and plates, spring reverbs, and ISO booths) and all of the impulses were recorded through the Sunset Studio consoles.

Obviously if this doesn't interest you, it doesn't interest you but this isn't "$150 (or $250 later) for just a reverb".  That's a massive trivialization and minimizing what this product really offers.

It would cost you far more to book time at Sunset Sound and do it yourself and even then... These would be better.

Edit - and "only Peter knows" is incorrect about any item in your account.  The support team would know and can look directly for you and they'd be happy to assist.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

this isn't "$150 (or $250 later) for just a reverb".  That's a massive trivialization and minimizing what this product really offers.

No doubt that we don't know the full extent of what this reverb can do. But as an analogy, when Melda came out with their Turbo Reverb and that asking price was way beyond what I can get Abbey Road Plates for on sale, to me as a buyer, it just seems over priced. (To Melda's credit, Turbo Rev sounds really good and what you can do with it is really worth the asking price. I have it now. But I did get it on sale!! )

Knowing what I know about all the T-Racks stuff I have I never had any question that this new plugin would sound fantastic. Just not ready to pull the trigger on that much for another reverb. 

Maybe I'll take another look and see if I missed something. 

And as I said all along, I will end up with this plugin for sure. Eventually.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cclarry said:

But ya can't use them on this...🤪

I quote "Sunset Sound Studio Reverb for T-RackS 5 will be available in January 2020 from the IK Custom Shop, the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide"

Does not Custom Shop mean I can use Gear Credits?

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Obviously if this doesn't interest you, it doesn't interest you but this isn't "$150 (or $250 later) for just a reverb".  That's a massive trivialization and minimizing what this product really offers.

No doubt IK Multimedia does quality software but the question for me is always the 'bang for the buck' factor. Of course, this always depend on what you already have and all the other concurrent deals.

For instance, I normally pass most of he iZotope's deals 'cause I always think they're too expensive. But, right now, I can get the Tonal Balance bundle (Ozone 9 Advanced, Neutron 3 Advanced and Nectar 3) for a little more than those $150 . If I put those options side by side there's no doubt where my money will go.

I waited more than 2 years to get IK's Modo Bass for a good price. Modo Drum is already on my waiting list. And there goes this new reverb.

No hurry.

Edited by Sergio

4 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I quote "Sunset Sound Studio Reverb for T-RackS 5 will be available in January 2020 from the IK Custom Shop, the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide"

Does not Custom Shop mean I can use Gear Credits?

I meant for the pre-order price of $149.95.  You won't be able to purchase it with Credits until
it's released, at which point the price will be $249.95.  You are more than welcome to purchase
it at THAT price for Gear Credits...

4 hours ago, Grem said:

No doubt that we don't know the full extent of what this reverb can do. But as an analogy, when Melda came out with their Turbo Reverb and that asking price was way beyond what I can get Abbey Road Plates for on sale, to me as a buyer, it just seems over priced. (To Melda's credit, Turbo Rev sounds really good and what you can do with it is really worth the asking price. I have it now. But I did get it on sale!! )

Knowing what I know about all the T-Racks stuff I have I never had any question that this new plugin would sound fantastic. Just not ready to pull the trigger on that much for another reverb. 

Maybe I'll take another look and see if I missed something. 

And as I said all along, I will end up with this plugin for sure. Eventually.

The real issue is that plate and chamber from waves are un usable in a real scenario so the cpu hit is ridiculous ...was of money for me until igo 16 cores 

1 hour ago, Zo said:

The real issue is that plate and chamber from waves are un usable in a real scenario so the cpu hit is ridiculous ...was of money for me until igo 16 cores 

Is there a demo for it? I didn't notice one. 

I did go back and take a second look and re-read the info. They have a great idea going on here. Using the studio's own mics and mixers in the rooms themselves, and having all 3 studios in there gives it appeal no doubt.

But I would still be honest in saying I am not ready to open the wallet at that price. $79 intro to loyal IK customers, I would have really thought about it. 

• Like 1

Aside from that "sunset sound" it's a convolution reverb with what appears to be a plate reverb added on. Convolution reverb loads  IR. I have like three of those already. Heck I think you can get one for free on the web. Plus my GAS budget needs a rest. A bunch of other stuff just jumped into my shopping cart recently.....so yeah. I'm waiting on this one.  If I can't make music with what I have now I should be  banished to an island full of head hunting savages, possibly forced to listen to Lawrence Welk until my ears fall off or forced to work as a deodorant tester...or....never mind ¬¬ Choosing a reverb is a 3rd world problem.

But thanks for the FYI just the same.