KRK KNS 8400 Heaadphones $51.86

jesse g

Hey  All,

KRK KNS 8400 Closed Back Studio Headphones with Temperature Sensitive Isolating Memory Foam Ear Pads on Sale .  

I am not sure how long the price will be this low - $51.86

Visit  ONILIAUN

Let us know if, when you package arrives 😁

Edited by jesse g
change
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Yeah, is this site legit? They charge me no shipping! (not in the USA here).

Something in my head says  .. NO ;)

Check whole Audio category, there are Beyer cans and Audient interface for $50 there.

https://www.oniliaun.com/Audio/page/2/?sort=p.price&order=ASC

edit:  There is no Paypal option in payment (credit/debit card only) and I like my money.

Edited by filo
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Carlos said:

Do they sound awesome? So far no headphones have satisfied me, they all sound harsh. Even my DT990 ;(

Carlos, check out the Audio Technica ATH-M50x.   They're pretty good and I'm very happy with mine. 

Although Amazon   has it for $149 right now,   you can  get it for under    $125   (I paid   around   that   for   mine).  

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesh said:

Carlos, check out the Audio Technica ATH-M50x.   They're pretty good and I'm very happy with mine. 

Although Amazon   has it for $149 right now,   you can  get it for under    $125   (I paid   around   that   for   mine).  

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B00HVLUR86  

I'm going to counter that with he should be looking at Sennheiser HD599 or similar instead.

If his DT990s are legit (not fakes) then the ATM50x are not going to be percieved as less harsh.

Senn has a more gentle but accurate presentation.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 2

More and more of these ripoff sites popup selling clothes and linens and then some crazy low priced piece of audio equipment....this site will be gone in a few months and then a new site will pop up selling clothes linens and some crazy low priced piece of audio equipment....STAY AWAY!!! They always are so new that at first there is no bad feedback and then when everyone starts to complain the site will vanish.

Sorry folks,

I have never purchased anything from that site before.   I love the KRK 8400's and the bass is not overwhelmingly heavy.  For me,  what your music sounds like is what you hear.   Some folks who have listened to bass heavy headphone expect this out the KRK's but they don't fool you into hearing something that is not there.  

I also like my AudioTechnica ATH-M50x as well.

This review was done in 2011  -  SOS Magazine Review

12 minutes ago, jesse g said:

Sorry folks,

I have never purchased anything from that site before.   I love the KRK 8400's and the bass is not overwhelmingly heavy.  For me,  what your music sounds like is what you hear.   Some folks who have listened to bass heavy headphone expect this out the KRK's but they don't fool you into hearing something that is not there.  

I also like my AudioTechnica ATH-M50x as well.

This review was done in 2011  -  SOS Magazine Review

I purchased mine from a deal posted here prob a year or two ago.  

They are ok for closed back phones, sound a bit tiring over listening sessions and I'd never use them for "enjoyment" agree the bass is not hyped but feels pretty accurate (I also had the bass hype concerns based on I have no interest in KRK monitors).  Had some M50x and got rid of them (price wasn't worth keeping them around since I used them in a similar fashion).  I'd say I prefer the M50x s a bit, but was not worth about double the price I got the 8400s for since they were not going to be used an any critical application for myself.  

I use them for closed back tracking, but strongly prefer 500 or 600 series Senns for actually listening to music by a large margin.  

We live in good times in the headphone world.  Good quality can be found for pretty resonable prices.  

Honestly I'd prob remove the link or delete the thread though  .  

These are fantastic headphones.  I feel I get a very accurate sound that translates well to speakers/monitors.

They are also very comfortable with no pressure on the ears.  I can wear them for hours with no ear fatigue. 

I can’t speak to whether this site and price are trustworthy, but the headphones are.

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I purchased mine from a deal posted here prob a year or two ago.  

Brian,

I posted a KRK KNS8400 Headphone Walmart deal either in this forum when it first started or the older Cakewalk forum, I can't remember.   The price went down each and every day for about four days.  Lots of folks bought the  KNS8400 from Walmart and the price got as low as $62.00 I believe.    Walmart is a great middle man for purchases.

9 minutes ago, jesse g said:

Brian,

I posted a KRK KNS8400 Headphone Walmart deal either in this forum when it first started or the older Cakewalk forum, I can't remember.   The price went down each and every day for about four days.  Lots of folks bought the  KNS8400 from Walmart and the price got as low as $62.00 I believe.    Walmart is a great middle man for purchases.

Yep, I got them during that period.  

Looks like it was May 2017 according to my order info for ~$75 after taxes, then got a $3.59 refund after pointing out said price drops.

A  good value at that price.  

Edited by Brian Walton

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Yep, I got them during that period.  

Looks like it was May 2017 according to my order info for ~$75 after taxes, then got a $3.59 refund after pointing out said price drops.

A  good value at that price.  

Yup, that was it.  

Not Bad HUH?  I got two pair during that deal. 

PLEASE HELP if you can thanks.
(For youtube links copy paste please and add a "y" to the address at the beginning, because if I type it completely, it adds the video to my post.)

Hi there, I can get the Sennheiser HD599 for less than 110 bucks, should I get them?
Btw thanks for the recommendation.

Long read ahead, I hope you get the time to read, because I am desperate to get a good pair of cans, where I can enjoy listening to music 100% (all the time).

I feel I am not looking for the BEST image/clearness/clarity/realistic but something I can enjoy listening to music.
I just bought some Sony cheapos (I've got some Sony cheapo earphones too that I think sound very good
for the price, not harsh at all) headphones: Mdr-zx100, which I feel sound very good but still a little harsh sometimes 
(like 10% harsh out of 100%, but again, just sometimes). But at least with these I can enjoy finally enjoy listening to music.
Of course they don't compare to the Dt 990 pro's, but of course I have the DTPro 990 which I don't feel are bad per se,
but it's like nothing has punch, nothing is really defined...  nothing has weight.
Using Sonarworks Reference with these sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't. Depends on the song.
Then I had some AKG K240 Mark II, which were like 100% harsh/bright... sigh... I threw them to the garbage can (literally, lol).
I have some Vic Firth headphones (2nd version) for when I "track" or play drums along music, but these are just way bad (and harsh) for listening to music.

Just to give you examples:

outube.com/watch?v=eiNExzvMUpw&list=PLq0NvhGFn96US4-roX0CK1I6Jod8ovdr0&index=104&t=0s

This song sound pretty good on the DT 990 Pros, but kinda lame and HARSH and PHASEY (idk where all this phase artifacts come from, lol) with the new Sony Mdr-zx100 but the guitar and vocals sound so good on the DT 990 Pros, although sometimes it can become tiresome, idk why.

This other song 
outube.com/watch?v=PUdyuKaGQd4&list=PLq0NvhGFn96US4-roX0CK1I6Jod8ovdr0&index=48

sounds pretty good on the Sony Mdr-zx100, with punch, not phasey, and I don't feel I am losing detail (at 1:48 you can hear some background vocals done by the lead singer, pretty neat that they don't get lost) although the overall sound of the song feels colored a lot (I don't mind).
With the DT Pros I never get a good bass (kick) on that song, or power, I have to lower the volume, and if I attempt to get kind of achieve some sense of power with the song by raising the volume, they just fart FART bad (so I have to lower again the volume).

Then this
outube.com/watch?v=HJq3m-Ck2FI&list=PLq0NvhGFn96US4-roX0CK1I6Jod8ovdr0&index=107&t=0s

On the DT Pros 990 the kick just waits to fart if I raise the volume 1 more dB, lol. I don't care that they show there is a kick present there, I see NO POINT whatsoever to have a kick that you hear it's there but it's like it doesn't matter if you put it there or not, because it doesn't project energy...
Anyway, this song compared to on the Sony's, sounds bland as sht...

On bad guy, outube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI
you definitely feel and hear the kick on the DT Pro 990, but the timbre is bad (I know my kicks, ok?). 
Funny in the Sony's where  I would think the kick would be very prominent, is more recessed but with so much better timber. And ofc it still drives the song.
Here the vocals sound so much SMOOTHER. Thank god.

Whoever invented these kind of headphones must be crazy... and filthy rich, lol. These type of headphones is called for "monitoring". My wallet hurts anyway...

Edited by Carlos