Waves Fit , control surface !!

Zo

I nearly spit out my drink when the guy at NAMM said it was going to be $1200. Just watching the video of it, the motors in the faders are terrible. Not smooth, too much bounce. Signs of cheap mechanical parts that won't last very long.

Edited by TerraSin
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

This is geared for users of WAves Studio Grid, is wat it looks like to me. No DAW integration.

Made to be used with the Emo/SoundGrid setup for live mixing.

Investigating , orice is fair when you compare to avid artist witch is still great by the way ... 

6 hours ago, TerraSin said:

I nearly spit out my drink when the guy at NAMM said it was going to be $1200. Just watching the video of it, the motors in the faders are terrible. Not smooth, too much bounce. Signs of cheap mechanical parts that won't last very long.

This certainly does not sounds like a must-have no-brainer game-changer control surface 🙂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

It's $1300 for just the software? For only 16 channels?

$29 :)

in all seriousness it's a different market - I  think its' a little unfair to apply the same pricing rules as we do to a simple "mass market" plugin ?

5 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

For only 16 channels?

From the videos I watched, it looks like the system is capable of 64 channels. But that is with a SoundGrid server. And I don't know if the server has A/D converters in it.

[edit] No it does not come with converters. That's another expense. 

And you will still need a PC to work with it too.  Oh, and it can use up to four touch screens at the same time. All examples I saw was with two.

So the way it looks to me is, if (and a mighty big if!) the venue your going to mix at has a SoundGrid setup, then all you would need to bring to it is you touch screens (and/or the FIT) and your laptop.

Another way to look at it is $$$$

Edited by Grem

On 1/17/2020 at 3:05 PM, Grem said:

I was going to ask the same thing.

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/waves-apa-32

Basically, their version of a UAD Satellite, or external DSP.  They abruptly dropped support after overpromising it for a while.  You could run like 5 IR-1's on it before it choked up, depending on the model.  They dropped support of it, and promised to support it later one but it never happened, leaving users with doorstops.  I had a client with at least 5 of them (they were like $1,400 each at the time)- to this day he refuses to use any Waves product because of this.  

This includes the users that had WUP and expected updates because they were, uhm,  paying for them. 

2 hours ago, e-cue said:

They abruptly dropped support after overpromising it for a while.  You could run like 5 IR-1's on it before it choked up, depending on the model.  They dropped support of it, and promised to support it later one but it never happened, leaving users with doorstops.

That would have been the end for me too. I didn't know about this. Though I do think I remember something about it vaguely, didn't know the details. 

Now I can understand some of the negativity when talk of Waves comes around. Not a good way to treat customers.