PRV not applying a MIDI Keyswitch

Billy86

I've tried everything and can't figure this out. Checked the manual and online stuff and it SHOULD work. It's a simple keyswitch that's the ending strum on the Kontakt Electric Sunburst guitar. Keyswitch B is the "ending strum." Keyswitch A is a pattern I want to stop playing when it hits the "ending strum keyswitch B."  I can see on the little virtual keyboard in the Kontakt instrument reflecting the keyswitch triggers. It triggers Keyswitch B for just the blink of any eye, then goes pack to playing the strumming of Keyswitch A. 

I've tried jiggering the triggers around the beat markers and such, but it just seems Keyswitch A is running right through Keyswitch B and playing that final chord. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks! -- BIlly

2020-01-16_17-12-50.jpg.fdae7b2735279acea86854409933aa7c.jpg

I haven't used the app you are using, but found many times that the keyswitch has to be dropped one or two octaves to work. I actually keep an info book for all my Kontakt instruments with the register that the keyswitch actually works in. It doesn't reflect what the manual lists in many cases. Just a thought.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my Kontakt instrument does exactly what you describe, and I've adjusted for that. I can actually see the right MIDI note triggering in the virtual controller Kontakt  displays at the bottom of the GUI, but it just doesn't seem to take hold, the previous strumming pattern from the previous keyswitch just steamrolls right through it. It's a head-scratcher...