OrchestralTools Sine player and free Layers library.

Steve Harder

The new Sine player is behaving well as a Vst in Cakewalk for me.  The free Layers library contains full ensembles of orch, brass, strings and woodwinds.

I am impressed by the quality and flexibility of the free and unlimited orch library.  The learning curve to master the nuances offered within the player looks steep, but the end result is going to be worth it.

https://orchestraltools.helpscoutdocs.com/article/148-sine-quick-start

Getsine.com

Registration requires an email, promises no spam.

Total download was 25gb or so.

Edited by Steve Harder

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/18/2020 at 1:54 PM, DocBob said:

Can you get the SINE player to output midi to another track?  I'd like it to output all the notes to another instrument patch. I can't figure out a way to do it.

Wouldn't this be a DAW thing? Just route track midi to selected track?

31 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:
On 3/18/2020 at 3:54 PM, DocBob said:

Can you get the SINE player to output midi to another track?  I'd like it to output all the notes to another instrument patch. I can't figure out a way to do it.

Wouldn't this be a DAW thing? Just route track midi to selected track?

Not all VSTi's can broadcast their MIDI data.

If the plug-in has the feature,  select "Enable MIDI Output" in the VST2/3 drop down in the standard header.

dT8GULq.png

This will make the plug-in available as an input in instrument/MIDI tracks.

If the plug-in does not have the feature this option will be disabled. If this is the case, here is a way to drive multiple synths using the same MIDI track

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, scook said:

Not all VSTi's can broadcast their MIDI data.

If the plug-in has the feature,  select "Enable MIDI Output" in the VST2/3 drop down in the standard header.

dT8GULq.png

This will make the plug-in available as an input in instrument/MIDI tracks.

If the plug-in does not have the feature this option will be disabled. If this is the case, here is a way to drive multiple synths using the same MIDI track

Good point. I am going to test in this with this plugin

• 1 month later...

Steve,

I have tried to use SINE in CbB.  I've downloaded the player.  It is not 'recognized' in the Plug-in manager, and  never appears when the synth rack view.  I've deleted and tried a new install.  The only thing I've installed is the SINE Player.  I downloaded a number of the free instruments, but they 'sound' in the stand alone.  But, I need it as a VST. 

I've written to Orchestral Tools, but have received no reply.

Have I missed something?

Willard

full screen & Stand Alone SINE.png

SINE Player.png