Focusrite Plugin Collective - Nugen Monofilter Elements

cclarry

Take a closer look

The Monofilter Algorithm slider works like a depth control, progressively narrowing the low frequencies and raising the cutoff point below which the mono-ising occurs.

The Trim control, meanwhile, enables attenuation or boosting of the mono portion by up to 10dB, and a sweepable high-pass filter can be deployed to shave off everything below 20-349Hz.

We’ve teamed up with our friends at Nugen Audio to offer you a free copy of their Monofilter elements plug-in, an essential tool to help manage your bass range. Plus enjoy a £100 discount of Nugen’s e-store on orders over £100.

https://focusrite.com/en/news/plug-collective-nugen-audio?utm_campaign=Plug-in Collective - Jan%2FFeb 2020&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=82032015&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--WFbxvXC17vPCaxJo54jW1sere3_NiH57H9lVTRW9i25b2hHO93VV8ZmuvMNcmwyppUpaJH99TuDWkZdPJhA3tvbvn_MhVXmEXTpyzboHv2DVXk44&_hsmi=82032015

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nugen's website is still running S..L..O..W..L..Y this morning. Probably hosted on a ZX81.

Managed to get the plugin though which looks pretty useful albeit the lite version (I'm sure I have something like this already).

Edited by ZincT

13 minutes ago, simon said:

Bear mind it’s the “light” version.  GUI is microscopic - not really up to the standards of the other nugen stuff IMO 

can’t complain too much considering the price though 

True - I have removed the video as I cannot find a video of the lite version and wouldn't want to mislead.

It looks OK on my 28 inch 1080p monitor.

Just now, ZincT said:

True - I have removed the video as I cannot find a video of the lite version and wouldn't want to mislead.

It looks OK on my 28 inch 1080p monitor.

FWIW upgrade is £49 to the full version.  If you buy something else (sigmod) then it comes down because it applies your voucher

2 minutes ago, simon said:

FWIW upgrade is £49 to the full version.  If you buy something else (sigmod) then it comes down because it applies your voucher

Thanks Simon.

Just checking through my plugins to see what else I have that's like this (I guess any mid-side plus EQ would do it).

I have Waves Center and bx_stereomaker for starters which look like they can do this so will pass on the full version.

54 minutes ago, simon said:

I'm 100% with Larry on this (as always :)  - it's where the smart money is) 

I think the $49 (?) spent on SEQ-S is the "sweet spot" for bargain hunters - although the stereo version SEQ-ST might be enough for most ?

The problem is you can't get the SEQ-ST with the voucher...you have to go over $100, so
why not get the SEQ-S and have the best of both worlds?

• Like 1

Here's more info, including a little on the difference between Monofilter Elements (which sells for $49) and the full Monofilter ($119)

Monofilter Elements from NUGEN Audio is a bass management plug-in that can provide sharpness and definition to the bass frequencies of a mix. With the non-directional nature of low frequencies, and through inappropriate processing, bass parts can lack clarity and focus. To that end, the software allows for balancing low frequencies with minimum effort, allowing the bass to sound louder, more focused, and better-defined.

The plug-in has less functionality compared to the company's Monofilter, but with user friendly controls, bass energy can be quickly anchored while retaining the character of the original sound. Additionally, the software provides good playback performance on systems with separate low-frequency handling, such as club PAs, live rigs, hi-fi and 2.1 gaming systems.

Align and balance low frequencies with minimum effort

Eliminate weak, hollow bass

A|B feature for comparing tweaks easily

Linear phase high pass filter

Fix samples or restore old recordings

Unlimited undo/redo

• Thanks 4