Albion NEO from Spitfire - intro price 299.00 GBP

Amicus717

1 Albion - extra 5% off
2 Albions - extra 10% off
3 Albions - extra 15% off
4 Albions - extra 20% off
5 Albions - extra 25% off
6 Albions - extra 30% off

*This includes owners of discontinued products; Albion Legacy & Albion II Loegria

Not sure 5% off is generous, but OK.  Re-Completing the Albion Collection works out the best for me (vs 25% for having 5 Albions).  Looks like this extra discount only runs till Feb 6th, so it won't help/change anything for Black Friday/Wishlist sale.  Having been burned very badly on BBCSO, I'm kind of leery about buying this now.  Spitfire current discounting method isn't as rewarding for pre-orders and early purchasers as it used to be.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Not sure 5% off is generous, but OK. 

was sarcasm :) 

zero incentive to upgrade (side-grade?) as far as I'm concerned. In fact a bit insulting considering the prices of their libraries ..just MO obviously

At least this one is still in Kontakt. I genuinely like the Albion stuff (I own ONE and Loegria and use them both a lot), and this one certainly interests me.

Based on the things I've read, I have no interest in buying a library that uses their own sample engine. 

To be honest at a certain point, more Albion's don't really help you all that much (somewhere around 3 I'd say).  But I've wanted a chamber version of Spitfire strings set in AIR Studios and I do like saxophones as part of a woodwinds section (most likely because of junior high band).  And the fact it's not Spitfire player seems like a nice extra bonus.  There was a time when Spitfire wouldn't discount anything, ever.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I really don't like the noise in the woodwinds and brass, my default mixing chain's compressor+limiter really make it sound like bacon sizzling and wheezing especially on the shorts.  The strings are pretty nice though and a really good size.  The sound design bits are actually better than most of the Albion's.

If I could have demoed it, I would have skipped it.  The woodwinds and brass are a major let down.  The strings and the rest I think I will use though.  With smart mixing I think you can use the woods and brass, but you have to keep the volume down a lot.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I really don't like the noise in the woodwinds and brass, my default mixing chain's compressor+limiter really make it sound like bacon sizzling and wheezing especially on the shorts.  The strings are pretty nice though and a really good size.  The sound design bits are actually better than most of the Albion's.

If I could have demoed it, I would have skipped it.  The woodwinds and brass are a major let down.  The strings and the rest I think I will use though.  With smart mixing I think you can use the woods and brass, but you have to keep the volume down a lot.

Fair point they should do a demo version with like 4 or five sintruments with 2 articlutaions each ....