After splitting and deleting how do I trim empty section?

Rick Derer

23 minutes ago, Rick Derer said:

I tried that but I still have the empty section at the beginning of the track.

You have to grab the clip and drag it to the beginning. There's 2 moves here. (actually 3 if you include deleting the left hand clip)

1- Trim the clip by using Bounce to clips

2- Grab the clip and drag it to the beginning of the project.

23 hours ago, chuckebaby said:

You have to grab the clip and drag it to the beginning. There's 2 moves here. (actually 3 if you include deleting the left hand clip)

1- Trim the clip by using Bounce to clips

2- Grab the clip and drag it to the beginning of the project.

Nice summary.  I think what has tripped me up is the dragging part. I couldn't get the clip to drag. I found that I had to experiment a lot to get the cursor into drag mode.

29 minutes ago, Rick Derer said:

Nice summary.  I think what has tripped me up is the dragging part. I couldn't get the clip to drag. I found that I had to experiment a lot to get the cursor into drag mode.

The Smart tool is your friend :-)

It selects, highlights and moves clips depending on the placement of the cursor on the clip.

For moving clips, use the Smart tool (its the default tool) and grab the clip in the header region (upper part of the clip) You'll see a 4 sided + shape.

If your not used to editing inside Cakewalk (or any DAW for that matter) it can be confusing. Any more questions, just ask away.

21 hours ago, chuckebaby said:

The Smart tool is your friend 🙂

It selects, highlights and moves clips depending on the placement of the cursor on the clip.

For moving clips, use the Smart tool (its the default tool) and grab the clip in the header region (upper part of the clip) You'll see a 4 sided + shape.

If your not used to editing inside Cakewalk (or any DAW for that matter) it can be confusing. Any more questions, just ask away.

Thanks!