Waves OVox

cclarry

Looks like I can upgrade my individual instruments to to the Inspire bundle. This adds OVox and the vocoder for $58 and should renew the expired WUP on the other instruments. Question has anybody had issues with mixing version 10 and 11 plugins? The FAQ seems to indicate it won't be a problem but......

20 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Looks like I can upgrade my individual instruments to to the Inspire bundle. This adds OVox and the vocoder for $58 and should renew the expired WUP on the other instruments. Question has anybody had issues with mixing version 10 and 11 plugins? The FAQ seems to indicate it won't be a problem but......

It's $95 for me to add 8 new products (although I already have one of them included in Gold so it's 7 really)....

Bass Fingers, Bass Slapper, Clavinet, Electric 200 Piano, Electric 88 Piano, Flow Motion FM Synth and OVox Vocal ReSynthesis.

That's around $13.50 per plugin. Not bad.

BTW I have v9, 10 and 11 products all working fine.

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

You are in luck. The current version of Waves Central is the first one in years that works reasonably. The only workaround for me was to uninstall everything and reinstall. Otherwise Waves Central spewed out errors.

15 hours ago, ZincT said:

It's $95 for me to add 8 new products (although I already have one of them included in Gold so it's 7 really)....

Bass Fingers, Bass Slapper, Clavinet, Electric 200 Piano, Electric 88 Piano, Flow Motion FM Synth and OVox Vocal ReSynthesis.

That's around $13.50 per plugin. Not bad.

BTW I have v9, 10 and 11 products all working fine.

As @cclarry always says:  everyplugin.com for ANYTHING waves related, including upgrades etc etc etc  you might be very pleasantly surprised :)

worth an email.....just sayin'

Edited by simon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, simon said:

As @cclarry always says:  everyplugin.com for ANYTHING waves related, including upgrades etc etc etc  you might be very pleasantly surprised :)

worth an email.....just sayin'

Thanks Simon - yes of course I always do! In fact Koby must be fed up with me pestering him :) 

I was just posting what Waves was quoting as a "starter for ten". I think the EP saving is usually around 15% so I imagine it would be around $80 (or ~ £61 which isn't bad and I might do it).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Got Ovox, Clavinet, Bass fingers and Morphoder for a total of 30$ at Everyplugin!

Nice!

I got Bass Fingers, Bass Slapper, Clavinet, Electric 200 Piano, Electric 88 Piano, Flow Motion FM Synth and OVox Vocal ReSynthesis for $66 (about £51)!
Even less than I thought it would be 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mesh said:

After having used Ovox, what do you guys think of it?

Hey Mesh,

It took a while to download all of the new stuff as Waves Central insisted on downloading all of the HD sample content for the Inspire instruments, even though I already had it for 2 existing instruments. The download speed was also a bit slow so I left it going while I got on with other stuff. Anyway, after a very brief play with OVox I think I would find more uses for it than I have for, say, Vocalsynth 2.  Right off the bat the presets seem to be more musical and work better on the vocal tracks I tried.

Definitely worthy of more investigation and I can also see myself using it mixed in subtly with non-effected vocal tracks to add interest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, ZincT said:

It took a while to download all of the new stuff as Waves Central insisted on downloading all of the HD sample content for the Inspire instruments, even though I already had it for 2 existing instruments. The download speed was also a bit slow so I left it going while I got on with other stuff. A

I thought that is what is happening, its taking ages.

Of course this new version of Waves Central, after deciding I needed to download the sample content again when the collection was update from version 10 to 11 also decided it needed to go on the  C drive and not the sample drive where the previous data resided.  I am now in the process of moving it across before changing the sample paths on all the instruments.  I will check the settings in Waves Central to see if sample location can be specified.

I will report back....

36 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I will check the settings in Waves Central to see if sample location can be specified.

I will report back....

Yes it's in settings. Fortunately I managed to find and change it before downloading all the HD content. 

43 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Yes it's in settings. Fortunately I managed to find and change it before downloading all the HD content. 

Well it appears the content it re-downloaded was the SD content. It appears all I have to do is point the instruments at the HD content folders from the V10 installation and all is well. However I have not done all the instruments yet so that may change if there had been any updates to the sample content on any of them..

I get diverted, I love the 200 and 88 electric pianos and start noodling.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I get diverted, I love the 200 and 88 electric pianos and start noodling.

3 hours ago, ZincT said:

Lol, yes that also happens to me especially with the 200 and I am primarily a guitarist! 

Me too!!

• Like 2