Eventide Spring Reverb

cclarry

17 minutes ago, sarine said:

I'm not sure what all these bazillion different reverbs are supposed to add to the table. I mean, I like Blackhole, but is it really anything more special than a really reverby reverb. Reavverblly. Are we actually just shopping presets? Honest question. 4reavrblz.

I tired for real to find something as fast as blackhole for long lush reverbs and it's hard to find or tweak in others ...while isntant or almost with blackhole , same goes for the spring ..... it's not crazy , doesn't have diffrent color of strings ect but enougth to lay a convincing string with no effort ... in a pleasing inteface and solid manufacturer maintenance waranty 

• Like 1

Just now, antler said:

What type of material benefits best from spring reverbs? I've used the classic algorithms (hall, room, etc.) and occasionally plates, but I've never really used springs before.

I love it on synth / synth bass (it gives tha sustainadn depth in the center) , exellent also on drums and guitars of course ...but no rules .... with the eventide when lowering the tension you get stuff like a flanger ....

reminds me this :  (listen until the raps ...the beat goes eventidy ;) i loved it at that time looping it and rapping on it lol)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

I tired for real to find something as fast as blackhole for long lush reverbs and it's hard to find or tweak in others ...while isntant or almost with blackhole , same goes for the spring ..... it's not crazy , doesn't have diffrent color of strings ect but enougth to lay a convincing string with no effort ... in a pleasing inteface and solid manufacturer maintenance waranty 

You've sold me. I like spring reverb - I play guitar and have a couple spring reverb plugins, but I looked at the way this a laid out and like it. For the price it's worth trying.

6 minutes ago, rsinger said:

You've sold me. I like spring reverb - I play guitar and have a couple spring reverb plugins, but I looked at the way this a laid out and like it. For the price it's worth trying.

I don't try at all to convice you , just answered your questions lol 

Be sure to try the Audiothing Springs , it 's the ultimate springs , if the evntide is enougth you're making also a good choice .....

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Same experience here. I just can't help but think am I doing something wrong. Then again I don't know much about the math behind, I've always gotten by just twiddling knobs until I get the sound I want (and most times it's not something like Blackhole anyway).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think Blackhole is very similar to Valhalla Shimmer.  I sometimes use Shimmer in small amounts for orchestra classical music. You could duplicate similar to the spring using timed plates in many reverbs. Unless your are making ambient music I doubt many would use those deep lush settings.  But  for 20 something quid...if I wanted it this would be a good deal.

22 hours ago, antler said:

I know it's very subjective (and a little OT), but how do people feel about Blackhole vs Valhalla Shimmer vs Polyverse Comet?

I have Blackhole, different beast. I used to own a real Eventide piece of Hardware, the DSP4000b+. It was a monster with so many algorithms. Eventide are just scratching the surface of their beasts. It's worth it not to have to program that stuff in, trust me :).

Tony